I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Cage ride

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Cage ride

Post by Damage Inc. »

Does anyone on here go off-roading in there vehicles? I recently got a ZR2 Blazer and want to get my son out for some trail time. We were thinking of going up to AOAA or The Cove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Cage ride

Post by Bucho »

I have some loved ones in my life who I will never get on a dirtbike (truly unconditional love). The utv/sideXsides are pretty cool. Id kind of like one to enjoy offroading w/ passengers. Ive spent an afternoon or two in Sam’s RZR and was pretty impressed. Im sure the newer ones are even more amazing.

But the short answer is “no”

The Cove huh? Is your blazer armored up? Its a pretty rough place.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

No but it’s a POS. Most likely we will end up at AOAA. I’d rather not kill it yet. And I don’t have a winch or 3rd gear.

'06 VTX1300r
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I used to before I got in to dirt bikes. Just got too expensive to tow it everywhere.

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Hey Joe where is that?
It seems most LEGAL places require you to have a least 2 rigs in your party. AOAA recommends it but does not require it. All my old wheeling buddies have either moved away or gotten out of it. My son likes track riding, jumps, whoops, that kinda thing. But as of yet has been hesitant to do any single track... I may have scared him off with vids of Shade, Taskers and the Cove....rocks... So I figured I get a cheap rig and git him out in that. We may even haul the bikes up to take them out.
Does anyone have the Maprika app? is it any good? If not what do you all use for off road mapping/trails.
'06 VTX1300r
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

That was at Rausch Creek off road park.

You can run down the Peter's mill side and the lower fire road at Taskers in trucks.

Damage Inc. wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:03 pm Hey Joe where is that?
It seems most LEGAL places require you to have a least 2 rigs in your party. AOAA recommends it but does not require it. All my old wheeling buddies have either moved away or gotten out of it. My son likes track riding, jumps, whoops, that kinda thing. But as of yet has been hesitant to do any single track... I may have scared him off with vids of Shade, Taskers and the Cove....rocks... So I figured I get a cheap rig and git him out in that. We may even haul the bikes up to take them out.
Does anyone have the Maprika app? is it any good? If not what do you all use for off road mapping/trails.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Yeah, but I wouldn't call that off-roading. I did that in my Volvo wagon.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I ran the Taskers trail on a bike once. Definitely not worth a 3+ hour drive. I talked to the AOAA people and they will let you go out on your own. They also said there are usually plenty of people to tag along with.

'06 VTX1300r
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I picked this one up for 400. After about 20 minutes of diag I found it needed a $20 coil. Runs has all 4 gears. But no front axle engagement. Probably just a vacuum leak.

'06 VTX1300r
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

This one runs great but has trans issues. Probably in the $400 range for a complete rebuild w/torque converter. I paid 450 but it is the ZR2 option w/sun roof good BFG’s and everything else works on both.

'06 VTX1300r