I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Wolf Den Run State Park: Initial Review

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Joker
DAMN Expert

Wolf Den Run State Park: Initial Review

Post by Joker »

Joker here,

If you came up to the camp and ride this past weekend you undoubtedly noticed my lack of presence and heard some buzz about the new ORV MD State Park, Wolf Den Run State Park.

Well all of these were linked closely together as 10/6 was the first official ride in the park! MDOHVAlliance, in close partnership with MD DNR, was allowed on the property to help open up existing trails and to remove trash.

The day started with a general gathering with representation of all segments of the ORV community. Full size 4x4, dirtbikes, atvs, sxs, were all out in force to assist the state.

From parcel A we split off into groups and went out to explore/clean/remove trash.
IMG_5915a.jpg
IMG_1870a.jpg
IMG_1872a.jpg
Shoot, we even had a golden snorkel winner

So there is good and bad with this place. To get the negatives out of the way, parcel A is currently isolated from parcels B&C. There are also no plans currently to provide onsite camping, that will come after opening. There is also NO SINGLE TRACK (kinda.)

The very good. There are already plans in the works of trying to fix the first two issues! I hear single track does exist, I just don't know where to find it. This property is also very similar in nature to mountain ridge and has amazing potential. Miles upon miles of 2 track, with an amazing potential for a variety of single track in both terrain and difficulty.

Please take your time to thank the state for their hard work in making this happen! Then take your time to ask them how to help them get this thing officially opened and be full of single track!
Joker
DAMN Expert

Re: Wolf Den Run State Park: Initial Review

Post by Joker »

Our Pre ride huddle
IMG_1878a.jpg
And our golden snorkel winner
IMG_1871a.jpg
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

You linked to the "display page" rather than the images directly, so here are your photos --

2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Oh, you fixed it between when I first looked and when I posted my reply; I went to get coffee. Oh, well. : )

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Awesome Joker!

Good to hear
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Good deal.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

sounds like we need to put together a "DAMN" Wolf Den ride?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Open House: October 20, 2018

The Maryland Park Service will hold an open house from 3 to 5 p.m. for Wolf Den Run State Park on Saturday, October 20th, at the Kitzmiller Elementary School, 288 W. Main Street, Kitzmiller MD 21538.

Staff will be available to answer questions regarding the property and there will be stations to provide feedback/comments on topics such as trails, hunting, and camping. The open house will conclude with a roundtable discussion of key questions identified at each station.

Before coming to the open house, visitors should review a consultant’s assessment of the existing Wolf Den Run trail network and/or take a DNR OHV Users survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PXGGVPF. A second Wolf Den Run State Park Open House will be scheduled at a later date in Fall 201

http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/Pag ... n-Run.aspx
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

more info and pics/video here

http://mdohvalliance.org/?p=595

Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

I think I saw Sasquatch wearing a red shirt at 1:31. Also remind me not to play in those jeep trail puddles, where the 36" tires on 4 wheelers trench out.
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r