I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Wolf Den Run State Park: Initial Review

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Wolf Den Run State Park: Initial Review

Post by Bucho »

Bork wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 pm I think I saw Sasquatch wearing a red shirt at 1:31. Also remind me not to play in those jeep trail puddles, where the 36" tires on 4 wheelers trench out.
The rule about puddles: always let someone else go first
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:19 am The rule about puddles: always let someone else go first
Indeed, back when budds creek had trails in the woods I went into a puddle, that didn't even look that big, and ended up spending nearly an hour getting my bike out.
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Marylander wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:18 am
Bucho wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:19 am The rule about puddles: always let someone else go first
Indeed, back when budds creek had trails in the woods I went into a puddle, that didn't even look that big, and ended up spending nearly an hour getting my bike out.
I remember Bucho on the KAT ride. When he was last through the road full of mean looking puddles following his wisdom and got stuck in the deepest mud. And we returned after some time seeing he's not coming and found him sitting next to the puddle as he couldn't do anything about it alone :killingme:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Nobody wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:45 am
I remember Bucho on the KAT ride. When he was last through the road full of mean looking puddles following his wisdom and got stuck in the deepest mud. And we returned after some time seeing he's not coming and found him sitting next to the puddle as he couldn't do anything about it alone :killingme:
OMG, the KAT trip had some epic puddle/mud holes. I was following the whole group. I took a line about wix inches to the left and the bike just sank down in... I would have had to abandon my bike and walk out if you guys didnt come back to help.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Saturday 10/20, Maryland Off-Highway Vehicle Alliance organize members to meet with DNR officials at Wolf Den Run State Park, ride parcel “C” of the property and to make recommendations about the property’s use at a town hall meeting. Over a dozen members of the MDOHV Alliance attended riding; dirt-bikes, 4-wheelers, side by sides and jeeps. Over 100 individuals attended the town hall meeting in Kitzmiller, including 15-DNR officials and a dozen members from the MDOHV Alliance.

DNR purchased the property specifically for OHV use. DNR is very receptive to input from MDOHV Alliance to improve the property’s OHV appeal. The town hall meeting went very well. Questions were asked and answered, detailed maps were displayed, and suggestions were made and well received. I did not hear anyone publicly objecting to OHV use for the property. DNR is planning to open sections of this property OHV’s by summer of 2019.

Wolf Den Run State Park is a beautiful riding area. There is over 2-miles of OHV trail that parallels the scenic Potomac River and dozens of miles of hidden single track that once enhanced this 2,000-acre property. The MDOHV Alliance has played a vital role in moving DNR forward to purchase this property. MDOHV Alliance has also played a vital role in moving forward legislation to promote safe and legal riding areas. Several notable pieces of legislation were 1) Eliminating liability of private property owners that allow OVH riding on their property, 2) Allowing OHV legal access to non-state roads with a permit in Garret and Allegany counties (creating the possibility of a Hatfield & McCoy style trail system in MD), and 3) Guaranteeing a portion of all OHV titling taxes go directly to create and maintained OHV specific trails.

It is now more important than ever to become involved in MDOHV Alliance. The style of trails, camping amenities and regulations that DNR are considering at Wolf Den Run State Park are likely to become models for future OHV parks in the state. MDOHV Alliance is looking for your membership and support to insure Wolf Den Run State Park is successful and to encourage the MD Legislature and DNR to open additional OHV opportunities in the state of MD.

To join the MDOHV Alliance, please go to http://mdohvalliance.org/
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Thanks for the report and THANKS to Ken and all the folks that have worked for this!!!
The good pace of progress means I MIGHT even live long enough to be able to enjoy it!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Awesome news!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200