I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

RAC St. Clair, PA--

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
KTMcaleb
DAMN n00b

RAC St. Clair, PA--

Post by KTMcaleb »

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... e_61de.htm
Check this place out when you get a chance, it is where I was talking about before where I used to ride quite a bit, only about a two hour drive straight from Hagerstown. Off of EXIT 124, i81 North. Enough trails up there to keep us busy for a few years. :eats:
Ktm 250exc
Long Live 2 Smokers :lol2:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: RAC St. Clair, PA--

Post by Bucho »

I got a permit a few years ago. It is definently a large riding area. Nothing is marked and you have to do a bit of exploring. I went once with a local guide and that trip was awesome.
As long as you have the time to get out there and ride enough to pay for the permit it offers a lot of riding area.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Post by GearedUp »

Another option in the same area of PA.
http://www.anthraciteadventure.com/aoaa/
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R
John L
DAMN n00b

Post by John L »

I've held RAC permits for several years now. If anyone wants to meet up there please let me know. I surely don't know ALL of the boundaries but I do know enough to keep my ass out of a sling there. I usually park over near Walmart or Home Depot (out of the way) in St Clair. Lots of riding right from there. If you are street legal, it's also fun to connect to Locust Gap and then push on to the infamous Centralia areas.

John
KTM 500EXC
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

That's pretty far up there. 3 hours from my house. It would be fun to ride, but 3 hours one way is a bit rough to spend $125. I probably wouldn't make the trip more than a couple times a year, so it's hardly worth it unless the conditions are prime.

But, I'm glad RAC is selling permits and allowing people on the property. People would do it illegally, anyways. They might as well make some money off of it.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R