I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Savage River Trail Progress

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Savage River Trail Progress

Post by Wingfixer »

J&J wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:07 pm
Kyler wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:34 pm
Wingfixer wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:41 pm That must be really rough! Your link takes me to Oklahoma... :huh:
wow - when I click on it Maryland comes up :shrug:
Maryland for me too...
Hope you don't have that trouble when your flying :killingme:
FiFi knows the way, usually.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

got to do a sneak preview ride today. You guys are going to love these trails. Give me some time and we'll have some pics and video to post. The experts in the group loved the trails too.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

:thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Awesome!

How was it being on a dirtbike again after so long?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:cheers:
Opening date?
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 8:44 pmHow was it being on a dirtbike again after so long?
It was fun. I was way slower than everyone else; managed to stay upright (no crashes) and rode till my knees burned and refused to cooperate. This morning my ass is killing me - you did warm me about that hard seat. I'm looking forward to riding more.
dirtygrunt wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 9:16 pm :cheers:
Opening date?
DNR is having a hard time getting a date on the Governor's calendar. Hoping for early July now. I'm sure they will open in July regardless but I sure hope the Governor comes.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

I look forward to riding this one when it is open.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Can anybody make any sense of this reservations to- park- to -ride crap? :shrug:

http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/orv/home.aspx

Looks like limited parking and reservations are required just to park your truck?

"Proof of parking reservation documents from COMPASS are required to be placed in plain sight on the dashboard of all parked vehicles. Here is a map of the parking area."

"As mentioned above, Day Use reservations are available for purchase through the Department’s COMPASS system, with two options: (1) with parking and (2) without parking.

Jeep and four-wheel drivers that will be on the trail or rock-crawl may not need parking, but a Day Use permit and reservation is still required to use the Trail.

A total of 19 Day Use with parking reservations are available each day. There is no limit on Day Use reservations without parking.

For Day Use reservations with parking, there are 10 spaces for trailered vehicles and 9 spaces for non-trailered vehicles.

Size of trailered vehicle parkig"

Another good idea fu*ked up by greedy/stupid gubbermint folks? Or am I just too stupid to comprehend the web page?
Bruce
YAMPOL
DAMN Wanabe

Post by YAMPOL »

My wife and I were in Western Maryland and they have good signage for the trail along Rt 68 near the exit.
Retired and loving it!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

well, I think it could be clearer but you have to get a "pass" aka reservation online. If you need parking--meaning you are a day-use person and towing/hauling your bike--you need a parking reservation as well. This is new "There is no limit on Day Use reservations without parking. " I read this as if you ride your dual-sport bike there you just need a day-use reservation. I'll confirm that with DNR.
Ken