I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Savage River Trail Progress

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
MountAiryRiders
DAMN n00b

Re: Savage River Trail Progress

Post by MountAiryRiders »

thanks for all the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

So with the parking and sticker provisions as spelled out above, is the Savage River Trail officially open now? Have you guys been riding it?

On the DNR page there are lots of trails listed, but very few mention ORV at all. Which is the new dirt bike friendly trail you speak of?
http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/savageguide.aspx
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BamBam wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:23 pm So with the parking and sticker provisions as spelled out above, is the Savage River Trail officially open now? Have you guys been riding it?

On the DNR page there are lots of trails listed, but very few mention ORV at all. Which is the new dirt bike friendly trail you speak of?
http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/savageguide.aspx
today is the first day it is open for the public. And yes, we have been riding it. We had it all to ourselves Friday afternoon and Saturday (until the rain came)--one nice benefit of being a MD OHV Alliance board member and an official DNR Hemorrhoid :killingme:

The trails have a lot of rock and y'all know how I hate rock :frustrated: but I got through it without falling. The fast guys loved it. Until it wears in, all the trails are intermediate or harder.

My recommendation is load up a trailer and take one vehicle to save on parking.

here's the page with info

http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/ORV/home.aspx
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

btw, I don't like pink seatbelts ...
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BamBam
DAMN Expert

Post by BamBam »

What's with all the rocks? Why not a smooth dirt trail on the side of all that mess, where parents and kids can ride dirt bikes on easy trails winding through the woods. Its like every track has to be from a Nitro Circus video!
2016 PitsterPro LXR-250f (Chinesium-KTM)
2001 Honda XR 200
History.... 1997 KDX 220, 1977 Ossa Phantom GPIII
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BamBam wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:30 am What's with all the rocks? Why not a smooth dirt trail on the side of all that mess, where parents and kids can ride dirt bikes on easy trails winding through the woods. Its like every track has to be from a Nitro Circus video!
what? do don't like big rocks? :screwy: That is the rock crawl for the wheelers! :killingme:

there is a smoth grass area beside it wide enough for jeeps/trucks to go to the bottom.

We are working on some professionally recorded/edited video of the trails. :lurker:
Ken