I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hatfield/McCoy in MD

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Hatfield/McCoy in MD

Post by Rut Row »

I spend my afternoon with Commissioner Valentine of Allegany Co. Ray Tighe was with me as was a local land owner. We spent an hour discussing the possibility of establishing a Hatfield/McCoy like system in western MD.

There are still a lot of issues to address but the Commissioner seemed favorable :loveit:

As an interesting side note, he said the county lost $1.2M in economic benefit when Green Ridge was closed.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: Hatfield/McCoy in MD

Post by bonehead »

Ken, you are the man
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

kyler wrote: As an interesting side note, he said the county lost $1.2M in economic benefit when Green Ridge was closed.
That's outstanding! If the county lost that much I'd have think private business lost quite a bit too. Hopefully they are voicing their opinion loudly too!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

I THINK that when they say the county lost $1.2M that means that the cumulative revenue loss of all the private businesses was $1.2M (BUT - I've been wrong before) :lol2:

In any case this is a significant impact on an area as poor as that county!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

BigBird wrote:I THINK that when they say the county lost $1.2M that means that the cumulative revenue loss of all the private businesses was $1.2M (BUT - I've been wrong before) :lol2:

In any case this is a significant impact on an area as poor as that county!
and that was for an 18-mile loop. I wonder what the ratio of revenue per mile would be for say 100 or 200 miles of trails.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Not to knock the old Greenridge loop but a loop of any significant distance with some nice singletrack etc. would get a HUGH response. GO KEN :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike