I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

HOT! OHV meeting in PG County feb 5th!

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

HOT! OHV meeting in PG County feb 5th!

Post by Rut Row »

HOT! APB on all OHV peeps in southern MD! I need you at this meeting!

see http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2013/01/17 ... formation/
Southern Marylanders Asked to Provide Recreation Information
by kking

Who: Open to the Public

What: Regional Stakeholder Outdoor Recreation Evaluation

When: Tuesday, February 5 from 6 to 8 p.m.

Where: Prince George’s County Dept. of Parks & Recreation (Parkside Headquarters) Auditorium

6600 Kenilworth Avenue, Riverdale 20737

Cost: Free

The Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is asking citizens ─ especially those in Anne Arundel, Calvert, Charles, Prince Georges and St. Mary’s counties ─ for their input on State outdoor recreation facilities and services in Southern Maryland.

This recreation evaluation is the first step in a comprehensive statewide effort to enhance existing recreation areas in Maryland, these include; State parks, forests, wildlife areas and trails.

DNR will ask participants to assess the extent to which outdoor recreation facilities, programs and services meet the needs of the community and identify future demand and need. This is the first of four regional stakeholder sessions DNR will hold across the State in February and March 2013.

The public input will help guide the update of the Maryland Land Preservation and Recreation Plan, which will serve as a roadmap for future State outdoor recreation facilities and services.

The Department has hired a nationally-known parks and recreation management consulting firm, GreenPlay, LLC, to oversee the Recreation Component of this planning process.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Re: HOT! OHV meeting in PG County feb 5th!

Post by bonehead »

I will go.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I'll be there in spirit!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Quick update - about 30 people showed up and I'm guessing that 1/2 were OHV folks. We even had a member from ABATE!

As you might imagine, our message was heard.

Thanks for all the DAMN guys who showed up! U done great!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Motoranch
DAMN n00b

Post by Motoranch »

Thanks for the heads up on the meeting and your efforts. It seemed to me the Green Play people are receptive to our ideas. Hopefully they can convince DNR to act on them. Lenny from ABATE isn't just a member he's the MRF state rep. Keep up the good work!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Motoranch wrote:Thanks for the heads up on the meeting and your efforts. It seemed to me the Green Play people are receptive to our ideas. Hopefully they can convince DNR to act on them. Lenny from ABATE isn't just a member he's the MRF state rep. Keep up the good work!
Do you have Lenny's contact info? I'd like to get him on the mailing list.
Ken
Motoranch
DAMN n00b

Post by Motoranch »

you have a PM