I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Hatfiled/McCoy in MD???!!!

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Hatfiled/McCoy in MD???!!!

Post by Rut Row »

Ray Tighe (who many of you know from riding at Granville's) and I have gotten a lot of traction in Allegany Co for a Hatfield/McCoy type system. Ray is a local and knows most of the owners of reclaimed mines. Some are interested in opening their land for riding. I've been working with the State on the liability issue. We have a tentative plan which could open a riding area this summer.

Next step is a meeting with the County Commissioners and the business leaders. At that meeting a rep from the Hatfield/McCoy trail system will discuss with them how they did it and the benefits. The goal is to get the business leaders on-board.

Watch here for a meeting date and info. I know mdubya and tymarp will want to attend.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Hatfiled/McCoy in MD???!!!

Post by Boom Boom »

Best Christmas gift so far, great work Ken.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Awesome
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Great work, Ken! I hope this happens! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
asr
DAMN Wanabe

Post by asr »

That is awsome news
anotherguy
DAMN Expert

Post by anotherguy »

With the current administration the question is..........will we be able to afford it?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

anotherguy wrote:With the current administration the question is..........will we be able to afford it?
Yes! No tax dollars should be used. Start-up funds are available as grants from the Manufacturers and RTP funds from the gas tax collected (which is supposed to be used for motorized vehicle trails).
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

This sounds like a pretty sweet deal! Let me know what I can do to help. I'll definitely attend the meeting!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.