I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Town Hill ORV Trail on GRSF budget for 2013

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Town Hill ORV Trail on GRSF budget for 2013

Post by RadioRyder »

I don't know if you all have seen the GRSF work plan for 2013, but there is a line item for town hill trail on page 11 D. item #2.

D. Recreation Projects
2. Work with partners to establish a newly designated ORV Trail on Town Hill to mitigate
users concern of losing the Green Ridge ORV Trail.(See Town Hill ORV Trail proposal
map below) (For some reason they omitted the map in the pdf)

Here is a link to the document:
http://www.dnr.md.gov/forests/pdfs/FY13-AWP-GRSF.pdf

This sounds positive, but not sure how real it is. Anyone know??
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Town Hill ORV Trail on GRSF budget for 2013

Post by Rut Row »

WHAT!!!! In past meetings there was now mention of this - standby
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

here's the response I got from DNR
Perdue, Jack ✆ JPERDUE@dnr.state.md.us

5:21 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me
Greetings Mr. Kyler:
I was forwarded your message to Paul Peditto from earlier today regarding the Green Ridge State Forest annual work plan.
To explain, the Town Hill ORV recreational proposal mentioned in the work plan was part of the original work plan submitted by the forest manager for review.
At the time, we were looking at possible ORV sites to replace those which were closed earlier in 2011 -- the Town Hill site was one of these proposed sites.
Due to resource sustainability issues and site sensitivity, it was decided that this proposed site was not acceptable and would not be forwarded for further consideration.
This proposal should not have been included in the work plan posted online.
Unfortunately, mistakes happen and I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention.
To remove further confusion, the GRSF work plan has already been amended and will be reposted online soon -- without the Town Hill recreational proposal.
I am glad you have taken the time to review the work plans and hope you will forward your formal comments.
If I can be of further service or offer additional explanation, please let me know.
My direct contact information is below.
Thank you,
~Jack
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Wow. I read the plan and was "interested" that they want to use Recreational Trails Grant money for reforestration and for dirt road rehabilitation for which ORVs are now restricted. So I sent the link to the State Plan to the AMA legislative affairs. Surely using money from the "recreational trails" program for things that are not "recreational trails" is not the proper use of that money? Or is this some crazy government program?
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

Kyler wrote:here's the response I got from DNR
Perdue, Jack ✆ JPERDUE@dnr.state.md.us

5:21 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me
Greetings Mr. Kyler:
I was forwarded your message to Paul Peditto from earlier today regarding the Green Ridge State Forest annual work plan.
To explain, the Town Hill ORV recreational proposal mentioned in the work plan was part of the original work plan submitted by the forest manager for review.
At the time, we were looking at possible ORV sites to replace those which were closed earlier in 2011 -- the Town Hill site was one of these proposed sites.
Due to resource sustainability issues and site sensitivity, it was decided that this proposed site was not acceptable and would not be forwarded for further consideration.
This proposal should not have been included in the work plan posted online.
Unfortunately, mistakes happen and I want to thank you for bringing this to our attention.
To remove further confusion, the GRSF work plan has already been amended and will be reposted online soon -- without the Town Hill recreational proposal.
I am glad you have taken the time to review the work plans and hope you will forward your formal comments.
If I can be of further service or offer additional explanation, please let me know.
My direct contact information is below.
Thank you,
~Jack

There's a shock...when you look around Greenride....there's literally nothing but trees as far as the eye can see...however, the "virgin forests" can't withstand having a strip of land a few feet wide disturbed by some god-forsaken motorbikes...Oh No! [sarcasm]
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

Well CRAP!!!! :frustrated: I was hoping it wasn't a typo or mistake. :fitz:
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

we are working hard to open up Savage River State Forest - hang on!
Ken
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

What can we do to help?
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Damage Inc. wrote:What can we do to help?
nothing yet - put I'll post when I need attendance and meetings, etc
Ken
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

Figures. MD is anti most things.
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!