I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Feb 29th Meeting

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Feb 29th Meeting

Post by Rut Row »

I was not able to attend this meeting but the informal reports I have received so far are very promising! We approached them about a section in Savage River State Forest and found some traction. I walked that section a few weeks back and it reminds me of Tasker's Gap - but with room for a Kyler Style easy section of single track. We could easily carve our 30 miles or more of single-track.

Also I was told the Governor has put more money into the trails pot for our cause. Dudes and dudettes, I'm starting to be optimistic! More to come.
As far as MX goes it was very good news for us. They will be able to use part of their $100k small procurement for motorized RTP funds, appropriated from FY2012. Though we asked for a $40k grant, it came down to Paul asking us, "So what will it take to open Antietam up"? Ken Schaefer answered, "About $50k". That's about right, including all of the expenses. We left happy that we will probably be open for Memorial Day weekend Hare Scrambles. Epic Grass Track Conditions!

They went into Beeman/Bosley and it looked real good but for some reason there is a hold up with 1/3 being on State Forest land, I think. Randy will know the details. I can't understand how this is all coming from the DNR, yet if it is DNR land it would take 5 years for us to get that through the cheese grater inside that agency. Sheeze!

The rest is a blurr. :) A happy blurr. Oh, I kept hammering Paul, and feeling bad about it I told him I am just being enthusiastic and he let us know that when the equestrians want something they come out en masse demanding things and our users are demure. He said we should be insistent with the government for our user group.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris