I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Trouble in Pennsylvania, Bald Eagle State Forest

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Denny
DAMN Expert

Post by Denny »

After attending a meeting on February 22nd @ the Bald Eagle District Forestry office I would say we have a 90% chance of finishing the riding season in August. The District wishes to adopt the ATV riding schedule and that would cut out 6 months of riding at the 2 motorcycle trail systems.

The meeting was at Laurelton with 4 Bald Eagle and 2 Harrisburg DCNR reps. we have another meeting in a month or so on this issue. If you wish to help please join PaTRA ASAP and support this fight. I was the PaOHV rep. at the meeting and I just updated Dick Lepley the Executive Director about the meeting. He is scheduling another conference call between PaTRA and PaOHV so that we can prepare for the next meeting.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Trouble in Pennsylvania, Bald Eagle State Forest

Post by Boom Boom »

Thanks for the info Denny.
To be blunt, THIS SUCKS !!!! but something I expected to happen in the near future.
I assume this is based on making the hunters happy.
So, we can't ride where the ATV's ride but what little area we have they now want to group us in with the ATV rules.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

So why is it that there are things that are "ATVs only" and is it explicitly stated somewhere that "ATV means four wheels?"

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
dak
DAMN Expert

Post by dak »

How about getting AMA involved also. Just a suggestion !

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.012410,-75.719595
DAK BMW G450X RIDER
GearedUp
DAMN Expert

Post by GearedUp »

This is why you see ATV and snowmobile trails in PA. PA uses part of motorcycle registration to fund free rider courses, but nothing goes towars trails.

All ATVs in Pennsylvania, except ATVs used solely for business or agricultural purposes, need to be registered and titled with DCNR. ATVs used in Pennsylvania must be registered and titled with DCNR's Snowmobile/ATV Section. The ATV registration and titling fees are NOT user fees for the privilege of using trails on state-owned land. The fees provide funding to administer the program, maintain trails on DCNR-managed parks and forests, and provide grants to profit and non-profit organizations for developing additional riding opportunities.
Gary

KTM 530EXC
Kawasaki KLR650
KTM Adventure 1190R
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

Check to PaTRA is in the mail...
Denny
DAMN Expert

Post by Denny »

Our conference call is tonight at 5:30 between PaTRA and PaOHV. The PaOHV lobbyist/ lawyer will be present to answers our questions regarding the meeting on Feb. 23rd. We feel the DCNR violated our rights with the freedom of information act. We were not permitted to view the complaints that fuel this decision. This is classic cherry picking because the DCNR is choosing rules that best suit their needs and most of the rules do not apply to motorcycles.
Denny
DAMN Expert

Post by Denny »

I got some great news from the Director of PaTRA, Dave Whiteman last night. The PaTRA & PaOHV efforts to stop the DCNR’s shortening of the Dirt Bike and Dual Sport season in Bald Eagle State Forest will not happen at this time. The two riding areas, 7 Mountains & Shade Mountain will remain open this fall. The District Office will pass this issue to the higher level authorities in Harrisburg. PaOHV has a meeting scheduled with the Secretary of the DCNR later this fall and will discuss the motorcycle riding issues. We owe a lot of thanks to everyone who wrote letters to the DCNR about this issue. Working together has paid off.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

:hi5:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

This is good news.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r