I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Single Track Trails

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Re: Single Track Trails

Post by Damage Inc. »

Just stuff it full of shop rags.

I'll measure mine when I get home from work today.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Stock muffler pipe is 1.75"OD then it steps up to 2" as it enters the funnel. Hope that helps
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I paid a godawful amount of money for the PMB quiet tip and Silent Sport exhaust packing and bought a YZ/WR 426 exhaust can because it's a little bigger than a 400 exhaust. It's quieter than it was with the aftermarket exhaust with blown out packing that came with it, but it's still fairly loud. I think I may not have put in enough packing; I'll get some rivets and redo it this winter. But what I'd really like is a really quiet exhaust like some of those stock street legal bikes so I can be a little more stealthy. And not annoy people.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Damage Inc. wrote:Stock muffler pipe is 1.75"OD then it steps up to 2" as it enters the funnel. Hope that helps
That does, thanks. I'll have to get out and measure mine to see if there is a way to jam one onto my bike.

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

phoo wrote:I paid a godawful amount of money for the PMB quiet tip and Silent Sport exhaust packing and bought a YZ/WR 426 exhaust can because it's a little bigger than a 400 exhaust. It's quieter than it was with the aftermarket exhaust with blown out packing that came with it, but it's still fairly loud. I think I may not have put in enough packing; I'll get some rivets and redo it this winter. But what I'd really like is a really quiet exhaust like some of those stock street legal bikes so I can be a little more stealthy. And not annoy people.

~Patrick
I thought your bike was very reasonable with the exhaust.
I installed a PMB tip on my Berg just to have the USFS stamp on the exhaust, the PMB tip actually made my bike louder than stock.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

phoo wrote:I paid a godawful amount of money for the PMB quiet tip and Silent Sport exhaust packing and bought a YZ/WR 426 exhaust can because it's a little bigger than a 400 exhaust. It's quieter than it was with the aftermarket exhaust with blown out packing that came with it, but it's still fairly loud. I think I may not have put in enough packing; I'll get some rivets and redo it this winter. But what I'd really like is a really quiet exhaust like some of those stock street legal bikes so I can be a little more stealthy. And not annoy people.

~Patrick
The first quiet tip I bought didn't do much that I could tell. But the second one I bought worked much better. I probably lost a horsepower or two but it was much quieter.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

I used a dBdawg (from http://www.dirtwerkz.com) and it didn't quiet my WR250F a whole lot but it didn't reduce power either. i was running a YZ exhaust in the WR. I thought it was a good cheap tradeoff to stuffing a bunch of shop rags into my muffler or some $$$ billet exhaust endcap.
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T