I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD DNR ORV impact meeting

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
CapoGreg

Re: MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by CapoGreg »

They posted what I had to say, and it was a mix of good and bad. I'm tempted to volunteer for the workgroup, since I am an off-road rider with an education in wildlife/fisheries biology, which I think would make me a good candidate. The problem is they don't give an idea of how many site meetings will be required and they want members of organized off-road groups, which I am not.

I've met Paul Peditto a few times before, and I think he's our best chance of getting a new trail system, but we are going to face a hell of a fight against other DNR officials and the eco groups.
dwdorr1

Post by dwdorr1 »

I think we can make the case that the members of this forum are an organized off-road group.

I'd volunteer if asked. I've looked at the other DNR riding areas, and not only are they too far away, but too short to be worth the drive. At least Green Ridge was 18 miles long....

CapoGreg wrote:They posted what I had to say, and it was a mix of good and bad. I'm tempted to volunteer for the workgroup, since I am an off-road rider with an education in wildlife/fisheries biology, which I think would make me a good candidate. The problem is they don't give an idea of how many site meetings will be required and they want members of organized off-road groups, which I am not.

I've met Paul Peditto a few times before, and I think he's our best chance of getting a new trail system, but we are going to face a hell of a fight against other DNR officials and the eco groups.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

dwdorr1 wrote:I got an email today from someone heading up the new ORV riding area committee. Is DAMNRiders nominating someone to represent us?
DAMN is not an official organization and they only want recognized clubs. I'm wearing two hats if I get a slot - DAMN and NVTR
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Kyler wrote: DAMN is not an official organization...
:thumbup: And I think we still need to keep it that way.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I should add that most local clubs (R&T, NVTR, GMER, etc) have members from DAMN - we'll be represented one way or another.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
oil-spitn-rat

impact studies, volunteering etc.

Post by oil-spitn-rat »

I don't know if this helps us or not, but I've a BS inEnvironmental Analysis and planning and work in the soils science field. I can only assume the stink is over storm water and run off. I used to write and research EIS environ impact statements. I'm happy to contribute in any way possible, please contact me through email.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: impact studies, volunteering etc.

Post by Rut Row »

oil-spitn-rat wrote:I don't know if this helps us or not, but I've a BS inEnvironmental Analysis and planning and work in the soils science field. I can only assume the stink is over storm water and run off. I used to write and research EIS environ impact statements. I'm happy to contribute in any way possible, please contact me through email.
Excellent! Truthfully, Grady and I think this is more about environmental politics and a liberal anti-motorcycling bias in the DNR.
Ken