I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD DNR ORV impact meeting

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by Laoch »

Kyler wrote:
mdubya wrote:I thought the ORV was also a public road. Would tagged vehicles still be able to drive on the public road?
I got the impression that not all of it was a public road.
It's a named road. A loophole maybe?
Bruce
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Re: MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by Grady »

mdubya wrote:I thought the ORV was also a public road. Would tagged vehicles still be able to drive on the public road?
Sounded to me like it will be gated to all traffic. There was a person who asked if hunters would be able to still go the the sites along the ORV and the responce was that they could still access it, they just have to hike not drive.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

zamobro9 wrote:sensitive parts of the forest. is that where the pixie nests are that hatch liberal democrats? :salute:
:thumbup:
drewbird911

Post by drewbird911 »

Grady wrote:
zamobro9 wrote:sensitive parts of the forest. is that where the pixie nests are that hatch liberal democrats? :salute:
I am ready to :whoop: ride like the 'outlaws' in Baltimore
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

drewbird911 wrote:
Grady wrote:
I am ready to :whoop: ride like the 'outlaws' in Baltimore
The North ave ORV will never close. :poser:
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Guys, with me being in the excavation business I get a first hand view of the "change" comming our way. I just spent the morning at a conservation district / DEP regulation training meeting. The paperwork, new fees and regulations being shoved up our ass are being handed down from a federal level and not state level.
The EPA offers up $$$ to the states to comply with new EPA regs and if they do not comply then the feds fine the state.
The feds did not pull off closing down as many areas buy calling them "wilderness" areas so they are comming in the back door making the states do the dirty work buy offering them $$$$ to meet EPA standards and fining them if they do not.
We just were informed today that areas of construction as small as 1 acre will now require a NPDES permit along with all the fees and wait time for approval. Just when I was seeing the beginning of construction taking off these A-holes will kill the industry. So, now someone building a house on a 1 acre site must go through the BS we do for a large construction project.
For any of you that voted for "CHANGE", I hope you are happy with the change we are getting.
Rant over :dirtdog:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:For any of you that voted for "CHANGE", I hope you are happy with the change we are getting.
I didn't vote for change - I voted against Palin! :nono:

Where's Ron Paul when you need him.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

I think Sarah's on our side! Sorry I missed the meeting. We need to apply some pressure to our "representatives" in annapolis.

b3h
DAMN Wanabe

MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by b3h »

If u go to the legislature u need to be organized, have ur ducks in a row, be able to talk money, and be prepared to bend over.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I have strategy that I'll float later tonight when I have time to articulate it. Hold on a bit please.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris