I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD DNR ORV impact meeting

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by Rut Row »

mtd679 wrote:Spoke to John Wilson and requested a copy of draft assessment (see copy of email below). He said that he has a meeting regarding this matter today and would get back to me tomorrow.
sweet! and I'll officially be representing NVTR.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote:Ill be working but please let me know what they discuss. It would suck if they are trying to kick us out of the ORV.
Maybe we can get the ATVs kicked out instead. That would cut down on 90% of the non-plated ORV traffic.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

I'll be attending....you know, in case the :hitsthefan: and we need to kick some :foul:
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
b3h
DAMN Wanabe

MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by b3h »

Might be able to attend this also. This is a national effort by the enviros to boot everyone off public lands. It's a war all recreationalists can't afford to loose. Get ur huntin & fishin friends to come too.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

read this guys

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/forests/pdfs/2011GRSFAWP.pdf

it says where and how we can help - lets go in positive and show we want to help keep the ORV. I've already proposed to Ranger Beal that we would apply for Yamaha Trail Grants and any others that may be available.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Kyler wrote:read this guys

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/forests/pdfs/2011GRSFAWP.pdf

it says where and how we can help - lets go in positive and show we want to help keep the ORV. I've already proposed to Ranger Beal that we would apply for Yamaha Trail Grants and any others that may be available.
A note that stood out to me was in the proposed 2011 Maintenance Projects...A concern that never really crossed my mind, but is still an "impact" to be considered from the heavy use of the ORV.
"Install 2 vault toilets at Mertens/East Valley Intersection and Bonds Landing to replace porta-pot
rentals pending approval of associated Rec. Trail Grant." "The environmental benefits of this project include replacing three portable chemical toilets with permanent non
chemical vault toilets and decrease of human waste deposited in the public lands due to lack of suitable
sanitation facilities. Furthermore, these vault toilet units are virtually indestructible which promotes
environmental sustainability."

Keep an open mind guys, and don't get fired up before we hear the facts....It might not be as bad as we're all thinking.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I think this is a fantastic idea. Why don't we get a small parcel of land and have everyone in the entire state who wants to go for a nature walk go to that one parcel of land and do their walking there? It would free up all of the current hiking trails for dirt bikes. :loveit:

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Update: unfortunately Ranger Beal is out of the office until April 4th. I've asked the DNR Volunteer Coordinator if there is someone else I can speak with about volunteering. Maybe there will be someone at the meeting we can speak with.

Ken
Ken
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

Have you guys watched the video that's linked to this document? http://www.magicalliance.org/download/n ... l-2009.pdf

Go to the 2nd page and click on the "You Tube" link and you'll see what I mean. If you have a You Tube account, you can comment on the wisdom of posting up such videos, along with then stating the location where they were made. Maybe the OP of the video can be prompted to modify it or take it down.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale