I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD DNR ORV impact meeting

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: MD DNR ORV impact meeting

Post by Rut Row »

crofrog wrote:Has anyone contacted the AMA and like orgs yet?
I'll be reaching out to all the other local clubs
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I have been doing research on what others have said about the meeting

see http://www.dso4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10923
From Doug Bigelow

I stayed until 11pm last night speaking with the Central Regional Manager Deputy Daryl Anthony and the Director of State Forestor Steven Koehn. The deputy had the lifted winched up TJ parked up front and looks like we'll probably go wheeling this weekend or the next together. Mr Koehn wants to work with us and needs to work with everyone involved. I will say this. These guys are motivated to be able to find more land for us to go wheeling on immediately. Immediately as in weeks or months, not years. All that were involved last night putting the meeting on were all pro OHV use. They just need to be able to accompany their immediate goals of preserving the land as they have it right now and keeping the "good dirt" good and the less desirable dirt will be ours to ride on. We were heard loud and clear last night and many of us made that sure. The decision makers for what is going to happen were right there in that room and I had lengthy conversations with all of them last night as to what their ideas are, how we need to go about making it happen and time frames to do so last night. Let's just say.....this is only the beginning and that it will get way better from here on out.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
thisguy

Post by thisguy »

I like how the DNR site explains the loop is closed because of poor access and trail conditions.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

I'm not sure the ORV ever actually opened this year. Technically, when we went for our ice ride the ORV was closed due to poor access and trail conditions. In other words, that may still be the original posting.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

thisguy wrote:I like how the DNR site explains the loop is closed because of poor access and trail conditions.
this is annual - but what remains to be seen is if the access and trail conditions ever improve enough for them to reopen. :foul:
Ken
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Word from some other off-road clubs I am apart of. This is from a post on cherokeeforum.
"Pirate4x4 is heading a letter campaign to help convince Maryland to open a legal OHV Trail system within the state. Please, if you enjoy the activity of wheeling, take a few minutes out of your day and write a short well thought out letter to the lawmakers in our state.

Pirate4x4 makes it super easy to send a short letter and they also can track how many letters have been sent and have copies of the letters. If it's too much of an inconvinence for you to write something yourself just copy someone elses and paste it in.

Don't rely on the other guy to do it because thats how trails continue to get closed. It's even getting support from people from out of state that know nothing about Maryland, about us, and about what we have to do to go four-wheeling. Support this so maybe we wont have to drive 2 hours one way to go wheelin anymore...

Topic Thread on Pirate4x4:
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=967346

Submit Letter Here:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/letters/ "

Also marylandjeepclub.org has the same message on their forum. We need to organize with multipul off-road clubs to reach our goals of a great public off-road trail system!
windyhill
DAMN Expert

Post by windyhill »

Letter sent!
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

Letter Sent :thumbup:
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
the dude himself