I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shade / Bald Eagle (7-mountains)

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Shade / Bald Eagle (7-mountains)

Post by Boom Boom »

Trust me, if quads are allowed to continue to ride and make a mess of things while we are on a time out because the rocks on top of the mountain might move you will see a big :kboom:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:28 pm Trust me, if quads are allowed to continue to ride and make a mess of things while we are on a time out because the rocks on top of the mountain might move you will see a big :kboom:
:lol2:
Yeah. I'll check Michaux next week for quads.
I'm pretty sure each forest can make their own decisions. So :shrug:
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Wettest year on record and the ATV trails are open in Michaux, mud holes and all.

What's up with Shade? Rocks covered in moss? :lol2:
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Different ranger district. Shade had logging done this summer and rutted up the area (remember it never stopped raining) and did not stop the logging operation but come when motorcycles are to be allowed back in for winter season they now feel we will cause damage and just canceled the winter ride season. Then will be spring no ride season so will be summer season before Shade will be open again....perhaps.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Boom Boom - Any updates to your last cheery Shade riding outlook???
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

BigBird wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:14 pm Boom Boom - Any updates to your last cheery Shade riding outlook???
Still closed. Scheduled open is Memorial Day weekend :shrug:
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Laoch wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 am
BigBird wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:14 pm Boom Boom - Any updates to your last cheery Shade riding outlook???
Still closed. Scheduled open is Memorial Day weekend :shrug:
You are correct.... Same with the DS trails in Bald Eagle (same ranger district).
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Discless
DAMN n00b

Post by Discless »

Not that I didn't trust you.... but I often like to double confirm for myself. I spoke to the Bald Eagle District office yesterday and they confirmed Bald Eagle DS trails closed until May 24, the Friday before Memorial Day. Pfft.
Discless
'15 XR650L
'16 300XC
'05 VFR800
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Thanks for reminding me I am still pissed about this... :dirtdog:
Quads are a full go at Michaux but dirt bikes could soften the rocks at Bald Eagle :screwy:
Each district can do what they want. Bald Eagle had no issue letting loggers make a mess of an area that should have never been logged (close to the spring head) but come time for dirt bikes to be allowed back to ride the rocks they become concerned about possible erosion damage. :kboom:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm Thanks for reminding me I am still pissed about this... :dirtdog:
Quads are a full go at Michaux but dirt bikes could soften the rocks at Bald Eagle :screwy:
Each district can do what they want. Bald Eagle had no issue letting loggers make a mess of an area that should have never been logged (close to the spring head) but come time for dirt bikes to be allowed back to ride the rocks they become concerned about possible erosion damage. :kboom:
:thumbup:

:bull: :bull:
Bruce