I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

AMA Club

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Roadracer_Al

Re: AMA Club

Post by Roadracer_Al »

NATIONAL POINTS! Oh, wait, wrong forum.
Panther

Post by Panther »

I wonder if the Green Ridge authorities would fully support such a thing. With formal rides comes probably more state “supervision” – from the city.

Thus far I have found them very cool with bikes up there so long as all the rules are followed. Trouble is, like most things, a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. There have been problems with untagged bikes and 4-wheelers running off the ORV trail on the “main” forest roads, and even running thru campsites and off of roads/trails completely. Tearing up forest ground and leaving trash. Nearly causing accidents, etc. That gets the rangers ticked and starts giving the bikers and ATV riders a bad name and more (bad) attention.

For my 2 cents – formal, sanctioned events just aren’t my cup of tea. But to each his/her own.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

I agree that the beauty of GR is that on the trail, there really aren't any rules, it is just you and the trail. No one to tell you when you can or cannot ride, no speed limit, no tickets for wheelies, or for catching air, or for crashing. In my experience the rangers are very friendly and only want to ensure everyone is having a good time.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I'm also wondering about the MD DNR stance on hosting a commercial event on state property. I expect that one thing going for it is that it would be a "dual sport" RIDE not an enduro RACE. How do other areas host events? Are they always on private land?

Back in the '80s, I was involved in an effort to bring F1 racing to the streets of DC --- how cool would that be? But, the BIGGEST fly in the ointment was that the National Park Service were extremely uptight about blocking entrances to museums/monuments and preserving traffic flow. It was simply not possible to meet their demands.