I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Cabin rental?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Cabin rental?

Post by Grady »

Does anyone know of any primitive cabins for rent that can hold about six to eight people. Some friends and I are trying to get a winter camping trip together, but the women would prefer a cabin. We don't want anything fancy, just shelter, a fireplace, and maybe an outhouse. One big room for us to sleep on the floor with a fireplace would be perfect. If any of you DAMN guys know of anything like this, please let me know. We tried to do this last year, but all we could find were luxury cabins with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Since it will be winter, we prefer not to have to hike to the cabin but would still like it to be secluded. I don't even know where to begin looking. Any recommendations?
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Cabin rental?

Post by Bucho »

Might be more expensive, but renting a Winnebago or something instead.

Then you are a little more free on where you want to camp/hike.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Grady wrote:Does anyone know of any primitive cabins for rent that can hold about six to eight people. Some friends and I are trying to get a winter camping trip together, but the women would prefer a cabin. We don't want anything fancy, just shelter, a fireplace, and maybe an outhouse. One big room for us to sleep on the floor with a fireplace would be perfect. If any of you DAMN guys know of anything like this, please let me know. We tried to do this last year, but all we could find were luxury cabins with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Since it will be winter, we prefer not to have to hike to the cabin but would still like it to be secluded. I don't even know where to begin looking. Any recommendations?
They have a bit of everything. Primitive camping, small cabins, Lodge, a chalet and fun stuff to do. :thumbup:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/ ... kygap.html
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Check out www.covecampground.com
If late enough in the year the snow tube run could be in operation.
If snow is minimal have fun with the bikes or quads. If you have a rock crawler, bring it.
At the bottom of the opening page is the link for MotoCove for riding info.
I have never used the cabins but they look to be what you are looking for.
Located close to Gore Va
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Hey grady theres some cabins for rent on rt233 just up from Pine Grove Furnace near michaux :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

B DIRT wrote:Hey grady theres some cabins for rent on rt233 just up from Pine Grove Furnace near michaux :thumbup:
Got any more info on these? Who to contact.

What we,re really looking for is something like you see on some of the backroads around greenridge. Shelter with a woodburner and no one around. The cabins at The Cove are listed as rustic/ primitive, but I have no idea how secluded they are. I think finding a private owner with a hunting cabin will be our best bet. Maybe I'll leave a note with my number on some of the cabins around Greenriddge.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Grady wrote:
B DIRT wrote:Hey grady theres some cabins for rent on rt233 just up from Pine Grove Furnace near michaux :thumbup:
Got any more info on these? Who to contact.

What we,re really looking for is something like you see on some of the backroads around greenridge. Shelter with a woodburner and no one around. The cabins at The Cove are listed as rustic/ primitive, but I have no idea how secluded they are. I think finding a private owner with a hunting cabin will be our best bet. Maybe I'll leave a note with my number on some of the cabins around Greenriddge.
Grady I'll see if I can find some info for ya :thumbup:

how bout this, I didnt dig around much but you might be able to find what your looking for here
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateParks/ ... abins.aspx
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Boom Boom wrote:Check out http://www.covecampground.com
If late enough in the year the snow tube run could be in operation.
If snow is minimal have fun with the bikes or quads. If you have a rock crawler, bring it.
At the bottom of the opening page is the link for MotoCove for riding info.
I have never used the cabins but they look to be what you are looking for.
Located close to Gore Va

Been there quite a few times, even built/cleared a few of the Jeep trails. It's pretty freakin' secluded, except when there's a big event like Big Dogs and the place fills up, otherwise you could have a 100 people there and be spread out enough to still never see anyone. PM RRob about it He lives near there........
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Anyone know what the weather has been like at Michaux lately? Some friends and I have a cabin reserved for this upcoming weekend, but are wondering how the roads will be. The cabin is on Milesburn rd, and I was wondering if the roads are maintained around there, or if we should make sure everyone's in a 4x4. I hear there calling for snow. I'm hoping some of you DAMN northern folk might be able to give me some input.