I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Keep your fingers crossed!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Keep your fingers crossed!

Post by Bucho »

Cool, I'll be ready.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

My wife and I lived in Mongolia for a year, and we had a "real" (i.e. home-market Russian) Ural. Wow, a real eye-opener. Hilarious, riotous fun. Frustrating maintenance intervals. Hint: ALWAYS carry FOUR spare spark plugs.

You won't be drifting that -- they push the front looooooong before the rear breaks loose. Unless you do a clutch drop, and that's not advisable unless you're on hardpack with marbles on top.

With the home-market ones, the smart money was to buy a used one because most of the nagging little problems had been ironed out. These US-market ones seem to have lots of the troublesome bits replaced with first-world manufactured assemblies, which is a good move.

The other thing that nobody mentions with them is that they're tiring to drive -- you basically have to pay complete attention, and they requires steering corrections constantly since they react oddly to bumps.

Since I'm spending your money, I say go for it! :rayof: :rickey: :loveit:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I've been doing my research. There is a whole board devoted to them - http://sovietsteeds.com. The new ones are "allegedly" pretty good. And I've seen some videos of guys sliding the newer ones. But the reason I'm interested in them isn't the racing, it is the novelty as well as something to take the bride in for a ride.

Who knows - may not buy one. :bandit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris