I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Michaux riders... Anybody else get sick?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Michaux riders... Anybody else get sick?

Post by OnOff »

I've not been sick in about 15 yrs but yesterday while at work, I got the trotz, achey, fever, etc. Lost a quick 8 lbs over a very sleepless night. Figured I had picked up a bug somewhere. It happens.
I just found out 2 other people I knew who were at Michaux came down with similar crap. Hey, it could still be coincidence. HMMM, a few minutes ago, I got a call from another rider who was also at Michaux. We were just saying how well done the ride was. Great food, emails to keep you up to date, overall very nicely done by the coordinators at Michaux and we both enjoyed ourselves. That said, I mentioned getting this nasty GI crap and what do you know the guy I was speaking with on the phone ALSO GOT IT! HMMM, about the right incubation time for a handful of viruses. Did anybody else who rode Michaux come down with this? Got sick on Tuesday, real bad Tuesday night and was still sick today. Now Wed evening and starting to feel better. This is NO FLAME on the ride or coordination of the Michaux ride. Just curious if there is a common link.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Michaux riders... Anybody else get sick?

Post by Grady »

I got it too. I was up every two hours to use the bathroom Tuesday night, and now tonight I'm starting to feel better. I couldn't figure out where it was from either. I just thought it was some bug I caught. I havent called out a day from a job in over 5 years, but this morning I had no choice.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Shit... now I'm glad I didn't go! (all puns intended)
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

SON OF A B!TCH!!!! Starting Monday Night, 3' am and since then I have lost 9 lbs off of my regularly 160 lb spindly body; and things still are not right. Pete, you are the lab guy, does this seem like a virus or with so much consistency, could it be food posoining? I had the Turkey, how about you guys? My bet is on the macaroni salad....
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

I would guess it's viral in nature but that is a guess based on incubation times. Generally bacterial crud has a much shorter incubation time before rearing it's ugly symptoms. The question is who is the carrier?
You are the 6th person I know that got this that was at the ride. I'm curious to know how many others got it.
I still say the ride was very well organized, the food was great, etc. This was a tough one and like you I lost about 8 lbs.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

I'm sure the heat and exhaustion made us all more susceptible to any type of bug or virus.
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Now I don't feel as bad for not being able to go. Dan and dawn are sick also.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

its probally from the fuckin stagnant water holes you guys were riding threw, they dont shut down and drain laurel lake every few years for something to do :dry:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

i didnt get sick :knary: just sore from riding
clown head

Post by clown head »

I JUST saw this post !! i puked my guts out monday night about 11:30 then it turn to the swerts tuesday. i too called in sick tuesday! i hate using a sick day when i'm actually sick :lol2: mid-wednesday felt fine , drank some beer that night to get some weight back, now i know i'm just hung over :freakey: i ate the turkey and mac salad . tasted great at the time :kbasa: