I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

GPS track log request (shen500)

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
crofrog
DAMN Expert

GPS track log request (shen500)

Post by crofrog »

does any one have a track logs from the shen 500 last year. I've been trying to hit some of the terrain we rode last year and only have the roll charts and the road numbers they use are awefully hard to line up with the USGS Quads I've got of the area / any of the garmin topo products.

Thanks
Chris
Last edited by crofrog on Fri May 01, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Re: GPS track log request (shen500)

Post by crofrog »

Alright so I just finished creating a route from the roll chart for day 2... It look a while and I'm not 100% certain about some of the roads being the exact right ones but it's close.

If you rode the ride last year and want a copy of the route send me a PM.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Road trip! Crofrog is sponsoring a Shenandoah ride! :loveit:

In! :deal:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

I do want to get back down there. Day 2 (sunday) was by far the best day of the trip and I need to break a friend in on dual sporting. May is a really busy month for me though :(. So it may not be until June.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

crofrog wrote:I do want to get back down there. Day 2 (sunday) was by far the best day of the trip and I need to break a friend in on dual sporting. May is a really busy month for me though :(. So it may not be until June.
Dang - SWMBO is having major back surgery June 19th. I have to get my riding in before then or after July.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

well I guess will just need to find a way to make that work. Maybe camp near senca rocks of natural chimmeys.
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

Hey Crofrog,

Just a heads-up, you do realize that some of those trails are only opened by the forest service specifically for the day of the S-500. Other times of the year, you may find some of them gated and\or off limits.

I do remember passing more opened gates on Day 1 vs Day 2 so if you mapped day 2, with a few go-around detours I am sure you can make it work, just be prepared. I think day 2 included reddish knob which is always a favorite.

I agree that area is a dual sport mecca! If you are going to camp at Sennca rocks I am sure you are familiar with Spruce Knob. That would be a wonderful place to bust a DS newb's cherry as well!

Jay
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

When we goin'? I'm ready!!! :thumbup:
Ken
crofrog
DAMN Expert

Post by crofrog »

Kyler wrote:When we goin'? I'm ready!!! :thumbup:

Let me try to queue up my friends...

If anyone wants the route send me a PM... I can provide gdp,gpx or tpo.