I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

What to do?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: What to do?

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:I, personally, loathe flying as well. I hate having armed teenagers poke through my shit and harass me over my fucking belt buckle. I swear, the way to fly is to dress like you're on the beach. Me, in a Speedo..... that'll teach'm. aaarrrgh, my eyes! :-o Add to it the fact that I'm pretty tall, and the seats are pretty close together, and that makes flying about as appealing to me as a trip to the dentist.
I'm with ya! At 6'4", seats are never far enough apart except for 1st class and the boss ain't payin' fer that! I drive anywhere I can get to in 8 hours or less. When I do have to fly, I keep a pair of dweeby SansBelt pants and wear slip on sneakers just to get through the metal detector quickly.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Louge

Post by Louge »

I flew out to the first Laguna Seca Moto GP in full leather including road race boots.
TSA: "Mr. Star Wars, you step over there!"
That TSA dood woulda kicked Luke Skywalker's azz in ANY light saber battle! :lol2:

Rent-A-Wreck's weekend rate'll prevent a wallet exorcism. Imagine how underwhelmed
the fam will be when you pull up in a 74 Pacer with the entire right side wiped off ...
Teethgrinder

Post by Teethgrinder »

Roadracer_Al wrote:
It's spendy, and a bit humiliating, but you can rent Harleys, and maybe BMWs.
I looked into renting HD, but the rate (for a week) is comically steep. Haven't seen anywhere to rent a BMW just yet.
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I figure that first class fares are the only thing keeping most airlines afloat. I mean REALLY... is 4" of leg room and a hotter stewardess worth double or triple the fare??? I suppose it depends on how hot she is...
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:I figure that first class fares are the only thing keeping most airlines afloat. I mean REALLY... is 4" of leg room and a hotter stewardess worth double or triple the fare??? I suppose it depends on how hot she is...
leg room? YES! I'm tired of chewing on my knees... unfortunately management won't reimburse anything except coach.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
gburghick

Post by gburghick »

i would just ride the 999 and you said you were going to see family just ups whatever you can't carry that thing is made to run it would most likely be an awesome ride or try to get enough time and split it up into two 550 mile days and take the drz you do not have to take the interstate the entire way there are a lot of great roads that you can still make good time on i say ride what you have and make the best of it and try to enjoy the ride good luck :rayof: