I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

CB500X

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

CB500X

Post by Damage Inc. »

I'm pretty sure someone on here has or had a CB500X.... Looking to get an old man bike. I like the look and mostly the price but still want to do fire road type trails and commute to work and such. Comparing to the Vstrom Versys KLR XR DR etc. In all honesty most of the miles will be commuting, 60+ mile round trip to work, but still want capability to do the rocky roads around here.

I do have a VTX1300 for longer road trips that won't involve dirt and a 300exc for when they only include dirt. I had a DRZ and it was a love hate relationship so I'm not looking to go back.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: CB500X

Post by Laoch »

I had one, sold it to another DAMN guy. I loved the bike. Very capable. Add a skid and radiator guard. I had tkc 80s on it. My only complaint was the 17 inch front. Honda fixed that it now comes with a 19 inch front.
Great bike at a great price IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

If commuting is the 75% use, CB, Versys or Weestrom. Those Susuki's sure do have alot of AM support and plenty used ones you could get for a good price. Go for a twin cyl. Smooth, plenty of power and ability.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I had a FZ-07 with TKCs. Did pretty DAMN good on the fire roads
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Lots of cool bikes---
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I have mostly used street bikes for commuting and I've "only" got about 5 more years of that left. Otherwise I would get an NC750X. I was close with the NC700X but got such a deal on my Versys that I didn't bother. Somehow the fuel economy thing is really enticing to me. That said I could also go for another 150+hp bike as I miss my cbr1krr. Somehow the front wheel coming off the ground when you whack the throttle at 75mph thing is really enticing to me. :killingme:

But, yeah, the NC750X is on my list if I do get another street bike. I will have a 2 "car" garage soon...
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Laoch wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:43 pm I had one, sold it to another DAMN guy. I loved the bike. Very capable. Add a skid and radiator guard. I had tkc 80s on it. My only complaint was the 17 inch front. Honda fixed that it now comes with a 19 inch front.
Great bike at a great price IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It really does look to fit what I'm looking for. The price is the most appealing to me. I think the 19" came in '19. But most used ones I've found are DAMN close to if not more than new..with farkles and milage of course.
'06 VTX1300r
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:45 pm If commuting is the 75% use, CB, Versys or Weestrom. Those Susuki's sure do have alot of AM support and plenty used ones you could get for a good price. Go for a twin cyl. Smooth, plenty of power and ability.
I have been looking at them, mostly the 'Strom because of the AM support. And lots of them out there for sale at less $$ than a new CB, also with farkles and not completely "used".
'06 VTX1300r