I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

HD Pan America

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

HD Pan America

Post by Firebolter »

official release was yesterday. Gonna take more than that and the Live Wire to save the MOCO I think.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bikes/ ... irst-look/

Love this quote

"Mr. Bozmoski described the work leading to the choice of the 62.2-inch wheelbase. “In our early work we were riding and trying alternatives. A long wheelbase is stable; short is nimble. We think we found the right balance. This is a bike that can go 135 mph with rider and passenger, bags full. Our leading competitors’ bags have a sticker.”
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: HD Pan America

Post by Boom Boom »

20 grand for a top heavy paint shaker...
Better odds selling the e-bike with tow behind generator.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

It looks to have some fairly clever engineering. Electronically adjustable preload/ride height, continuously variable valve timing, etc. Weight isn't much more than a KTM 1290. The engine is oversquare vs HDs prior strokers. This is not an old school HD motor. Hopefully they can make something of it.

But its still UGLY AF!
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I am sure they will sell some. HD biggest problem is going to be the marketing for this bike. Claiming they come from ADV heritage is BS. Okay, so in the teens through the 50's or so, there was no real ADV bikes and people rode what they had across America, I get it, but claiming "ADV heritage" and comparing to KTM's and thinking that 135mph while loaded and with a passenger matters?

I am not a big tech fan for certain things. I like some of it but too much electronic stuff with sensors and all creates more places for failures if you really took this bike to task. I bet most will see weekend duty on back roads with an occasional forest road thrown in!
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

If I want to buy American I will go dig up a ATK 605 and then have a proper dual sport. Next KTM will need to build a road couch. These dumbass market people must be the same ones writing commercials on TV today and told Coke to tell the masses we need to "be less white"....that will sell Coke products. Please let this snow melt so I can go play in the dirt (or mud) again.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:57 pm 20 grand for a top heavy paint shaker...
Better odds selling the e-bike with tow behind generator.
If you pull a gas generator behind your electric bike would you call it a hybrid?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Such cynicism! It's is apparent Mike that you have not recognized your intersectionality as it pertains to your privilege in this modern genderless society! Report for re-training!

On a side note, all this gender stuff is confusing, I mean can I go in this bathroom by myself or do I have to have 2 girls and 1 of them has to have on a weird dress? I don't know? What do I do?

Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Please let this snow melt so I can go play in the dirt (or mud) again.
:thumbup:
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bill that sign tells me to let the seat down and piss all over it.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr