I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Why are some people so effin stupid?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Re: Why are some people so effin stupid?

Post by Skinny-J »

Ironically I have a Rekluse in almost every bike I own....
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 am Ironically I have a Rekluse in almost every bike I own....
:lol2:
That shit's funny right there.
Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Laoch wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:47 pm
Skinny-J wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 am Ironically I have a Rekluse in almost every bike I own....
:lol2:
That shit's funny right there.
Yeah, took me a while to stop laughing about butterbutt's comments! You gotta remember though, this is the same guy who has been bashing the Euro's for years and now he rides a
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Pivot Pegs are also for pussies! That's what my wife says!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

What I like about riding with people with Rekluses so much is that I now slip my clutch so much more than I ever did previously, and it's really helped my riding (or so I think?). I figure if Sam can keep it in fourth gear all the time and just let the Rekluse do its thing, I can feel free to slip the clutch the entire way up a hill to modulate traction as needed. (I don't actually slip the entire time, but you get the point.)

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

phoo wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:23 pm What I like about riding with people with Rekluses so much is that I now slip my clutch so much more than I ever did previously, and it's really helped my riding (or so I think?). I figure if Sam can keep it in fourth gear all the time and just let the Rekluse do its thing, I can feel free to slip the clutch the entire way up a hill to modulate traction as needed. (I don't actually slip the entire time, but you get the point.)

Thanks,

~Patrick
I had a Rekluse in my KTM 450. I burned out the clutch by leaving it in 4th going up the laughing man hill. Dumb mistake on my part. Point is you can burn up clutches in high gear. :frustrated:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Back before I started using a rekluse I would have some pressure on the clutch lever much of the time. I'm not sure where that habit came from. I hardly even use the clutch on a street bike... As time passed I would lose all strength in my hand at earlier and earlier points in rides and have my thumb, pointer, and middle fingers go dead. Having a rekluse setup made it so I could continue riding. I've had carpal tunnel release surgery on my right hand but didn't have enough damage on the left that they would do that one. My right hand has been great since the surgery. One of these days I should ride a clutch bike on sunday, thereby rendering my left hand useless, and then go for the nerve test on monday just so I can qualify for the surgery. :lol2: :screwy:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I had a Rekluse in my KTM 450. I burned out the clutch by leaving it in 4th going up the laughing man hill. Dumb mistake on my part. Point is you can burn up clutches in high gear. :frustrated:
Yup, in fact rekluse will tell you DO NOT DO 3RD GEAR OR HIGHER TAKEOFFS. You should only take off in 1st or second from a dead stop. It will do it, but as you said, you will prematurely wear out the clutch plates. I had 120 hours on my Berg when Boom Boom bought it, the clutch was in great shape. He sold the bike and I bet that clutch has over 200 hours on it. They are awesome. More and more I love them in traffic when it slows down, no MORE ARM PUMP!
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Heck yeah! I even have a "Rekluse" on my Africa Twin! :lol2:

:peep:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Wingfixer wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:49 am Heck yeah! I even have a "Rekluse" on my Africa Twin! :lol2:
rofl.

BTW, you bringing this to the ADV ride? I'd love to take a turn on it if you don't mind.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200