I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Another Bimmer.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Another Bimmer.

Post by Laoch »

Time for the old man bike.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Another Bimmer.

Post by Twist »

Hey, I resemble that remark. Nice bike!

At home in the woods

Or on a 3,000 mile trip to Key West and back I've just returned from
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

noice! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Twist...I didn't realize you had a GS . 1200 right?

Maybe I can pick your brain re: tires, accessories, etc.

Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Nice bike. Next post will be trials bikes for sale...lots of them. Need to fund a round the world ride.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:10 pm Nice bike. Next post will be trials bikes for sale...lots of them. Need to fund a round the world ride.
:lol2:

Nope. :nono: I ride the sherco almost everyday in the yard and the TYs will keep me busy during the cold months.
I really liked the RT I got from you years ago. I was pretty sure I'd get another BMW. This one will do better on gravel and it's a little bit lighter.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

When I was younger, (before getting married and buying a house), I had one or two BMWs. I really liked them. Were such great long distance machines. I love that all their bikes come with heated grips!!!!

I wouldn't mind getting another, but they aren't cheap
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Laoch wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:11 pm Twist...I didn't realize you had a GS . 1200 right?

Maybe I can pick your brain re: tires, accessories, etc.

Happy to discuss. I would consider my GS very well sorted - electrical power distribution, protection parts, luggage both hard cases and soft, and I've tried several different tires on it from road touring bias to knobbies. Give me a shout anytime.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

First thing was to add an extended brake pedal tip. Stock is DAMN near useless.

Next is bar risers. I usually put these on all my bikes, I have short arms. My junk is all up on the tank, so an extra inch rise on the bars should help. I'd like to do Rox risers with the vibration dampening, but they will have to wait.

I need a decent tail bag. Just to carry little crap like tire plug kit, inflators, etc when I don't have the cases on. Any ideas?

Electrics- it has the din? plug thingy. It looks like it is a Powerlet brand, so maybe more than 5 amps? I'm not sure how to tell. I heard oem was 5 amps and would not run heated gear?
The battery has a spare plug in, actually clipped on top of the battery, that is supposed to be for OEM gps. I ordered a connector and will see if that is the case.
I like the canbus setups from Hex and Denali- but I can't see a connection for it on this bike . More research needed.

Tires- I'll probably get a set of TKC 80s. I like them and have had them on other bikes.

Need engine bars and bash plate, lights. They will come later. Maybe taller wind screen.

Bike has nice power, I need to remember to keep revs up. I keep trying to lug it and that doesn't work to well.

Front forks are so/so, that's known issue with fixes available.

Been nice riding weather.
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Does look like a fun bike...
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr