I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

New Garmin Montana 700

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

New Garmin Montana 700

Post by Firebolter »

Pretty slick. Nice capability. If they can make the SW interface as easy/intuitive as my TrailTech Voyager Pro, I'd be down.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/63369 ... 0-02133-00
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: New Garmin Montana 700

Post by Twist »

I got this announcement email from Garmin and thought the same thing - pretty slick all in one. I use a BMW Nav VI (zumo series with BMW improvements) and an Inreach Explorer. I thought that if I was looking for those capabilities today I'd be really tempted with this but for one thing - I carry the Inreach on me, not the bike. I have it in a breast pocket of my Klim Badlands jacket so that if I ever find myself thrown clear of the bike and in need of help, I have it with me. I really like the capability of the Montana with all the preloaded maps and features but I think it's an advantage to have the tracker/sat msg/SOS device separate from the GPS.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Bumping another old thread. Does Garmin ever do sales? I could wait until Memorial day/etc if it saves some coin.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I doubt it. Maybe if you buy it from a reseller you might find a deal? If you are not in a hurry, then yeah, wait and see.
Lots of cool bikes---