This guy shouldn't ride alone

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: This guy shouldn't ride alone

Post by Twist » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:02 pm

At the BMW off-road school, we intentionally dropped their bikes with the feet up hill. Grab it by the front tire and spin it around until the tires are down hill; then just rock it back up on the tires and be ready for it to head off back down the hill - with or without you. :thumbup:
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: This guy shouldn't ride alone

Post by Twist » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm

Boom Boom wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 am
I was going to suggest doing just what you done just to have a plan of attack how to get those beasts back on 2 wheels.
Actually, that bike is easier to get back up than my KLR650 was. When the KLR dirt naps, it's flat on the ground. The BMW can be easily rocked up on to the cylinder head bars where it's a lot easier to lift. Mine has all the scars to prove it works.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

User avatar
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 2919
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:26 am
Contact:

Re: This guy shouldn't ride alone

Post by Boom Boom » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm

Twist wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm
Boom Boom wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 am
I was going to suggest doing just what you done just to have a plan of attack how to get those beasts back on 2 wheels.
Actually, that bike is easier to get back up than my KLR650 was. When the KLR dirt naps, it's flat on the ground. The BMW can be easily rocked up on to the cylinder head bars where it's a lot easier to lift. Mine has all the scars to prove it works.
Bring the Bimmer to the farm and we can use it to check distance between trees on the loop. Bring back bad memories of the 3 wheeler days, sure it will fit, just hit it hard enough. Few to many times launched over the bars when the trees won.
2019 TRS 300 RR
2014 KTM 250 xcf-w
1986 Yamaha TY 350
1985 Yamaha TY 350

smdub
DAMN Expert
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: This guy shouldn't ride alone

Post by smdub » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Boom Boom wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm
Bring the Bimmer to the farm and we can use it to check distance between trees on the loop.
My friend in VA says some places to ride down there have the typical posts at trailheads in the ground to only allow motorcycles. They have little protrusions at the bottom wide enough to only allow a moto tire. Apparently these go high enough to exclude the boxer BMWs too :killingme:
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 KTM 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / '15 OSET 20.0R (kid's)
For sale: 2016 Sherco 300 Factory

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: This guy shouldn't ride alone

Post by Twist » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Boom Boom wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm
Twist wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:05 pm
Boom Boom wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:31 am
I was going to suggest doing just what you done just to have a plan of attack how to get those beasts back on 2 wheels.
Actually, that bike is easier to get back up than my KLR650 was. When the KLR dirt naps, it's flat on the ground. The BMW can be easily rocked up on to the cylinder head bars where it's a lot easier to lift. Mine has all the scars to prove it works.
Bring the Bimmer to the farm and we can use it to check distance between trees on the loop. Bring back bad memories of the 3 wheeler days, sure it will fit, just hit it hard enough. Few to many times launched over the bars when the trees won.
I just cast the knobbies off the Bimmer in anticipation of doing some road miles April through the summer. Maybe we'll met up in Bald Eagle though for some of those trails.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: This guy shouldn't ride alone

Post by Twist » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:32 pm

smdub wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 pm
Boom Boom wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm
Bring the Bimmer to the farm and we can use it to check distance between trees on the loop.
My friend in VA says some places to ride down there have the typical posts at trailheads in the ground to only allow motorcycles. They have little protrusions at the bottom wide enough to only allow a moto tire. Apparently these go high enough to exclude the boxer BMWs too :killingme:
Stephen, they've got those in Bald Eagle also. I found those trails on my WR250R but did not on the 1200GS. But from what I remember, they'd be wide enough to let me through so no excuses for not taking the bikapotomus off into the wild.

This is one of the trails in Bald Eagle that is for motorcycles only:
Image
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 5433
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: This guy shouldn't ride alone

Post by Bucho » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:15 pm

smdub wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:30 pm
Boom Boom wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 pm
Bring the Bimmer to the farm and we can use it to check distance between trees on the loop.
My friend in VA says some places to ride down there have the typical posts at trailheads in the ground to only allow motorcycles. They have little protrusions at the bottom wide enough to only allow a moto tire. Apparently these go high enough to exclude the boxer BMWs too :killingme:

So just wheelie thru!
Suzuki DR650
Beta Xtrainer
Sherco 290 trials

User avatar
Twist
DAMN Expert
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:42 am
Contact:

Re: This guy shouldn't ride alone

Post by Twist » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:24 pm

Bucho wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:15 pm

So just wheelie thru!
:thumbup:
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why. - Mark Twain

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests