I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Good deal on Mr Heater Portable Buddy

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Good deal on Mr Heater Portable Buddy

Post by Firebolter »

these are normally 69 bucks most places. Lowes has them on sale for 57. 4 pack of 1 lb bottles for 15 bucks. Has the low O2 and tip over sensor. 9000 btu rated for 225 Sq Ft.

Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Good deal on Mr Heater Portable Buddy

Post by Wingfixer »

They marked it down 'cause it's the wrong color!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Well it works just fine! My van will be toasty at Greenbrier!
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I have one of these I use on my workbench when it's really cold in the garage. It works pretty well but goes through propane bottles pretty quick if you leave it turned up high. I picked up an electric space heater at Sams Club that does a better job of heating the garage but I can't run it on high while my compressor is on without tripping the breaker for the outlet circuit. I think I need to do some garage wiring and just go ahead and put in a commercial 220V space heater,
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Definitely better option for a garage to go with a good electric space heater. I wanted this for the van to take the edge off in those colder night when camping. Jay has one for the JAT and that thing works like a champ keeping the trailer pretty warm even when it is 30's outside, so I figured the smaller one would work good for the ABRV.

My brother in law has one of those "pellet" heaters in his garage and that thing works really good as well.
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

I have two 1500 watt portable convection heaters that I use in the pole barn (30x56). Keeps it to 60 deg just fine.

But I agree with a little heater like that for a trailer.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

You will get 4 hours on high and little over 6 on low. I have this one and the double burner. Get the hose kit and connect to a large bottle...nice and comfy all night.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I have one of these. It works fairly well to keep the chill off in the pop up. If there's electric though, I'll use an electric space heater that works as well and doesn't use propane bottles. I do have the hose connector kit for mine, just never used it.

For the garage, I have a 150k? BTU salamander heater that I can run for a few minutes to take the edge off and then I keep the heat up with either a Kerosun style heater or just use the space heater at the work bench in the garage. The salamander is too loud to run the whole time and I have to keep a door open or it burns all of the oxygen in the garage.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bill, that's the same one (cept for the color) that I use in the cube. I ran it on low and a half full 20# bottle lasted the entire brown/ brushy trip.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Wingfixer wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:08 am Bill, that's the same one (cept for the color) that I use in the cube. I ran it on low and a half full 20# bottle lasted the entire brown/ brushy trip.
Awesome. I will order the hose kit so I can use the 20lb bottle. I have a 20lb bottle for the fire pit, so that will work well. I bought that same fire pit Sean has, that thing was awesome! No smoke, no wood, just nice clean heat when you are sitting around at night!
Lots of cool bikes---