I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

MD fees (buying new bike out of state?)

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: MD fees (buying new bike out of state?)

Post by Firebolter »

Here's a good write up on the 500's as true ADV/Off Road bikes

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/ktm- ... ike-build/
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

smdub wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:03 am Sonny, good to know! I didn't know yours was a 2020. How is the engine vibration? Me and my buddies 2012-2016 generation are fine. Some other folks have had the 17-19 versions and the vibes were awful. Said even w/ gel inserts his feet went numb from the vibes. I know the 2020 is redesigned again. I don't hear many reports of bad vibes but there aren't many of them out there in the wild yet.
People was telling me about the engine vibration and stuff, then again I use to ride Harleys :lol2:
Feels like butter to me Stephen. Broke her in doing a 300 mile run to Michaux and back meeting up with JohnF and Phil. No issues with tingling of arms, or feet. OEM seat really sucks as you can imagine. Had an opportunity to open her up 75-85mph from Gettysburg to Maryland beltway and rides fine. I know it doesn't tell much for I don't know exactly what to look for, so you absolutely have to ride it your self and more than welcome. You have my number.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Firebolter wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:51 pm I just picked up a new 2020 500 EXC-F (6 days) from Ridersville, 10.9. Husky is a great choice as well, but I really like PDS rear suspension and the brembo's.
I walked into MVA same day I picked it up and paid 863.94 for title, taxes and registration for 2 years. Insurance was only 170 a year for full coverage, but I do get a multi bike discount.

Harold doesn't have any "plain" 2020 500 EXC-F's right now, he did have the Husky 501 and he had a couple KTM 350's EXC-F's.

The new 500's are pretty smooth, much smoother than my 525 was. Nice bikes and very well put togehter. If you are gonna do dual sports and some single track, the 500 will do just fine. If i know I am going to ride real knarly ST, then yeah the 300 XCW or TM250 will be the choice. But if I go back to Michigan or Colorado, I might just take the 500 and the 300 as the back up bike, as the 500 will be a hoot in the open stuff or for doing dual sport rides.

I really enjoyed my 07 525 I had, so I bet I will really dig on the new one.

https://www.ridersvillecycle.com/invent ... -10382893i

It says 11,499 on the website but he will probably sell it for 10,300 like Sonny got.
Nice! :cheers: How about some pics before you get her all muddy :lol2:
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

smdub wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:11 pm Yeah, I called Ridersville this morning. Didn't know about them until Sonny's post. They are out of 500EXCs.:cry: Owner Harold said they were sold out for the year though that seems crazy to me. Yes, they still have and quoted the FE501S (10.3) and the 6days (11.1) models.
Thanks for your tax/fee info.
MotoRichmind still has 500EXCs but it's 10.3 + a $200 fee = 10.5. Ridersville surely would have been a better deal. Still beats any quote I've gotten in MD by a long shot. It's only money right?

I know the Husky gets machined triple clamps, linkage rear, Magura vs Brembo, shorter rear subframe, and about 2.8kg heavier. What is the difference in your 6D model? The KTM website is beyond terrible for figuring this stuff out.
they say in general, the 2020 KTM vs the Husky that KTMs wants to be ridden harder and set up for it. As for the Husky its more plush for vet style and older crowd. Its true, I checked my oem spring part #s and its lighter going off all the spring charts Ive seen.
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Stephen, I bought my WR250R out state in PA and had them quote me the price with no sales tax, tag, or registration. I figured MD gets what they get and it made it easier to compare prices to see if the deal was throwing on any other mysterious doc or set up fees. The dealer in PA gave me a Certificate of Manufacture and that was all MD needed to set me up and take my money at the DMV. However, the DMV needs to see an original sealed copy of the certificate and for some reason, the dealer in PA couldn't just hand it to me - it had to be mailed. *shrug* took a couple of extra days to get it tagged in MD but was no fuss.

Looking forward to getting out for a dual sport ride sometime but I'm afraid of what I'm going to think of my WRR after wrangling my Beta around in the woods. :thumbup:
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

No idea about what they currently have or price, but a friend of mine got a really good deal about a year ago on a KTM 350xc at Ellicot City. Another guy I ran into at Wicomico also got a great deal there on a 250xc. If you haven’t already, they may be worth a try. Both guys had shopped Ridersville and a I remember did as well or better at Ellicot City. Bob at KTM Easton has a 350excf on the floor. I think it’s a 2019.

Good luck.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

John F wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:40 am No idea about what they currently have or price, but a friend of mine got a really good deal about a year ago on a KTM 350xc at Ellicot City. Another guy I ran into at Wicomico also got a great deal there on a 250xc. If you haven’t already, they may be worth a try. Both guys had shopped Ridersville and a I remember did as well or better at Ellicot City. Bob at KTM Easton has a 350excf on the floor. I think it’s a 2019.

Good luck.
I can vouch for Bob at B&E Motorsports. He runs the kind of motorcycle shop I had available growing up where he does everything including racing on weekends. He made me a smokin' hot deal on my Super Duke and has taken care of me well since the warranty ran out.

I've also bought a bike from Ellicott City - a KLR 650 and they made me the best deal available on it.

Good experiences with both places.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

I bring my 300 to Bob for all the stuff I can't or don't want to do. The guys I ride with use him too. I was just there picking up my 4cs forks from him. Great guy you can trust.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

If you can wait a bit longer, Harold usually picks up some stock from other dealers in the last few months of the year. He sells volume and usually gets a few more bikes later in the year to sell as well. I bought my 1090 from him for $11,700 this summer. I wander in the showroom frequently since he's about 10 miles from me.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

B&E doesn't look to have a 500 in stock.
FWIW, Ellicott city quoted the highest. $850 over MSRP *BEFORE* tax/title/tags were added. I'll pass.
Good to know Harold/Ridersville gets more in though the year but I'm hesitant to wait and maybe miss one. MotoRichmond is prob only $300 more than the price he would have had and I'll be down there this weekend anyway. It still seems crazy to me there is a once yearly delivery/allotment to each dealer and thats all they get. I clearly don't understand the biking world's distribution/business model. This has been a learning experience for sure.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee