I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Feb 2020 Dirtbike Mag

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Feb 2020 Dirtbike Mag

Post by Firebolter »

Has a great article about a modded YZ250 with a 300 kit, "The bike Yamaha should have built". Good article. I know the year or so I had a YZ 250 back in the early 90's, it was a bad ass bike. All I did was add a flywheel weight and some bark busters and it made a great single track weapon.

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/yamaha-yz3 ... he-scenes/
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Feb 2020 Dirtbike Mag

Post by Bucho »

Neat.

Maybe BigBlue will sell a factory YZ300X someday
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Capt Scoots
DAMN n00b

Post by Capt Scoots »

This post caught my eye, one of my bikes is a 2000 CR250. I'm the second owner, I bought it years ago from a friend that rode it once for about an hour, it scared him. It's bone stock and all original, with literally about 4 hours on it. I took it to Blue Diamond in DE and rode a few laps on the pro track, then spent the rest of my time on the intermediate track. After reading this post I Googled CR250 conversion to Enduro and found a bunch of articles. This would solve my smaller trail bike needs that could be used where a tag isn't required.

I'm new to DAMN Riders and was glad to find a MD centered forum.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

For many years I lived in Kauai. This was before KTM and Husky were mainstream. Alot of guys would buy YZ's or CR's and "convert" them to a Enduro bike. Mostly, put a flywheel weight on and a light kit. I know SICASS can help with the light kits, as can Baja Designs and others. I had a 83 CR and that thing was a beast. Those motors are super reliable and will run for ever and cheap to rebuild! That bike is a keeper-Look up "Honda CRE". Kevin Hines used to import them. They are top shelf Enduro conversions of CR's from a company in Italy.
Lots of cool bikes---