I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Beta Xtrainer

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Beta Xtrainer

Post by jgreene »

I have a friend considering purchasing a new Xtrainer. Can anyone recommend a good dealer? He is in NoVa, bur willing to travel to find a good dealer.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Beta Xtrainer

Post by Bucho »

RideOn Moto is in Winchester VA. Though Ive had mixed experience with them.

Also mixed reviews with the Beta dealer in Gaithersburg MD. (Cant remember name off top of my head)

The place I like is SouthMountain up in Dillsburg PA, but thats probably a little far from VA
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

There is a pretty decent used one on CL:
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/ ... 45792.html
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Bucho wrote:RideOn Moto is in Winchester VA. Though Ive had mixed experience with them.

Also mixed reviews with the Beta dealer in Gaithersburg MD. (Cant remember name off top of my head)

The place I like is SouthMountain up in Dillsburg PA, but thats probably a little far from VA
Is that place still open Phil? I’d like to know someone a little closer myself. Ordered mine thru Kissell (Amy)
Retail but no prep/freight thank god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Guess you are right Sonny. I looked it up and RideOn Moto is closed.

CycleMax is the shop in Gaithersburg MD I was thinking of. Ive bought parts from them before and that was fine. Ive heard of someone buying a bike from them and it was all messed up from setup. But that is just a word of mouth story. Not sure about validity.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
jgreene
DAMN Expert

Post by jgreene »

Thanks for all of the info. I think he spoke to South Mountain cycles, and they seemed to offer a good deal.

As for Ride On Moto, they did close about 6 moths ago. It’s a shame, the owner was good for the sport, and treated customers very well.
Member R&T Club, and GMER
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

I met them at the York show, will use them in the future , always here good things from you guys. They have a 2020 in stock, was at the show, unless it sold Image

KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

The X-Trainer has a lot going for it and has the advantage of being cheaper, smaller, lighter, lower and more torquey than other bikes. The primary criticism is the suspension - particularly the forks and less so the rear shock. Since my riding buddy Vicky has one, I did some research and talked to Beta USA in CA and found that IF you wan't to upgrade the forks and/or shock you can do the BYOB thing and get the upgraded components added in CA before your bike is shipped to the dealer (this is essentially installing the better components from the regular Beta enduro or MX bikes) The good part about this is that (1) -They give you $ credit for the take off stock parts AND (2) - They will do whatever lowering, spring changes and suspension tuning you request (and I think this very inexpensive for the labor). SO IF you plan to do suspension mods/upgrades to the bike you would be FAR better off to have them done at the CA facility.
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Yup! That’s the mistake I had made. I was able to meet the Beta guys at the Roberts Track and Trail Demo day and was able speak to some of them, nice people. Actually spoke to Austin that converts them to the bike I wanted. He explained to me all the parts etc. My mistake was that I went to a dealer after the demo day that had a 2020 inbound or enroute, plopped the money down and got a time frame. During the month wait..I had more time to do research and found out about the BYOB on site. Called Beta up, Frank and asked if he could do the appropriate spring swaps for my weight etc while they were going thru the motions of converting it to an evo sport. I was denied since I didn’t go thru the BYOB on the website...bummer . I wasn’t informed or I did not ask the right questions during the demo day. Well, ordered the springs and is now sitting in the box. Absolutely no idea to begin
Need to make an appointment with the trials DR

Last edited by aai on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Skinny-J
DAMN Admin

Post by Skinny-J »

aai wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:41 pm I met them at the York show, will use them in the future , always here good things from you guys. They have a 2020 in stock, was at the show, unless it sold Image

Man, I don't get the BNG on the 2020. What was wrong with just red or white?