I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Thinking about selling one of my little bikes?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Thinking about selling one of my little bikes?

Post by Twist »

I'd tell you to sell the Kaw out of self-interest :) My daughter is likely going to have outgrown her TTR110 by the summer and it'll be time to teach her to use a clutch. Unfortunately for me, having just put a Beta in the garage, I don't think I could sneak another bike in there. Those green bikes stick out as an obvious new thing in the stable :)
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Twist wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:31 am I'd tell you to sell the Kaw out of self-interest :) My daughter is likely going to have outgrown her TTR110 by the summer and it'll be time to teach her to use a clutch. Unfortunately for me, having just put a Beta in the garage, I don't think I could sneak another bike in there. Those green bikes stick out as an obvious new thing in the stable :)
She can ride your Beta and you can watch.... :shrug:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Just tell your wife you bought new green plastics for the old blue bike (and sell that one to me;))
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Skinny-J wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:57 am If it doesn't work out with Ken's Grand daughter, I might be interested in the Oset. Mrs. SJ bought a KLX140 for our daughter back in the fall but she refuses to ride it. She says the gas engine scares her. I would love to call her bluff!
The osset is too small for Ava. All yours SJ!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:17 am Just tell your wife you bought new green plastics for the old blue bike (and sell that one to me;))
Like you need another bike....that place you keep them was looking pretty full when I saw it!

I have to say though that my WR250R impresses me every time I get out on the trails with it.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Twist wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:31 am I'd tell you to sell the Kaw out of self-interest :) My daughter is likely going to have outgrown her TTR110 by the summer and it'll be time to teach her to use a clutch. Unfortunately for me, having just put a Beta in the garage, I don't think I could sneak another bike in there. Those green bikes stick out as an obvious new thing in the stable :)
I've got a ttr125e that I need to pull out of the shed and clean up. You could swap a 110 for a 125 and no one would be the wiser. ;)
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Marylander wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:48 pm
I've got a ttr125e that I need to pull out of the shed and clean up. You could swap a 110 for a 125 and no one would be the wiser. ;)
Thanks, I might try that when she's feeling frisky on the 110. I have a sure fire way of teaching the friction zone to first timers. We sponsored a midshipman a few years ago and taught him how to drive our 6-speed Jeep. Once his friends found out and I ended up teaching about half of 5th Company at the Naval Academy how to drive a clutch. No worries though. I put them all to work to pay for the lessons.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:04 pm
Thanks, I might try that when she's feeling frisky on the 110. I have a sure fire way of teaching the friction zone to first timers. We sponsored a midshipman a few years ago and taught him how to drive our 6-speed Jeep. Once his friends found out and I ended up teaching about half of 5th Company at the Naval Academy how to drive a clutch. No worries though. I put them all to work to pay for the lessons.
Using a clutch these days is a forgotten skill.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Bucho wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:54 pm Using a clutch these days is a forgotten skill.
I had a manual car stolen by a crack head. The guy had just enough of a notion of how to operate a clutch to get the car going. When it was recovered the transmission and clutch setup were destroyed. The car was pretty much brand new too and was the first car I ever bought myself. :(
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Marylander wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:07 pm

I had a manual car stolen by a crack head. The guy had just enough of a notion of how to operate a clutch to get the car going. When it was recovered the transmission and clutch setup were destroyed. The car was pretty much brand new too and was the first car I ever bought myself. :(
I chased a guy on a stolen sport bike years ago. He didn't really know how to ride. He was trying to shift but I think he was just kicking it down. But in first gear he was still doing 70 mph. He eventually crashed and I took him to the hospital before jail.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200