I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain bike trails

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Mountain bike trails

Post by Marylander »

There are apparently some professionally set up mtb trails less than a mile from my house. I just happened to see them when looking at a map of my C&O ride earlier today and saw a little marker in a place that I thought nothing existed. I'll have to check 'em out this week.
https://more-mtb.org/products/rivers-edge-at-brunswick
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I've been there a few times now. Not a bad little riding area. Trails are pretty tame and they have a couple mild downhill lines with some jumps.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Huh, and I had no idea they were even there. I've run past the trail entrance countless times but don't remember seeing any signs or anything. I just thought it was some woods near the middle school... I'll have to put my mountain bike back together. :thumbup:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I'm using an app called TrailForks on my iPhone. There's a couple of MTB trail systems right here near home that I didn't know where there. I'll probably get out to do the Waterworks and Bacon Ridge this week while my daughter is out on spring break.

We went out yesterday and rode at Quiet Waters Park. There are some back trails there shown in TrailForks. Most of those are moderately difficult (steep slopes, roots, etc). Fun times.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Waterworks is pretty cool area. Alot of hidden GEMS over here!
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Hey Wes, remember that area I told you to stop by after you left my house? This is it. I went in today and scouted it out, holy moly it is a paradise! Won't take hardly any work to cut in a trail that would be good for MTB or SurRon. Mostly some face slappers here and there. Really nice and at the end of the finger ridge, there is a nice gradual grade that works down to the bottom, so easy in and back out- Can go all the way down to the river adjacent to Broad Creek Park on the west side of that valley once you drop down the finger and go south around the hillside and not all the way down to the flats where the bogs are. Stay up along the west side base of the hill side along the valley all the way down.

Last edited by Firebolter on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Very cool Bill. Looking forward to exploring that with you.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

There are signs and other obvious indicators of the little trail system in brunswick. I guess I haven't gone over that way in awhile. Bunches of cars with bike racks at the middle school too.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Marylander wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:17 pm There are signs and other obvious indicators of the little trail system in brunswick. I guess I haven't gone over that way in awhile. Bunches of cars with bike racks at the middle school too.
Oh yeah, lots of downhill stuff too!

https://more-mtb.org/products/rivers-edge-at-brunswick

Lots of cool bikes---
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Brunswick is a pretty hilly area. I just walked out there from the house and took the little trail between the 2 trail heads (at least it looks like there are just 2). Only about 2.2 miles round trip so I've got no excuse not to become familiar with these trails. The little trail I took is very twisty.