I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain bike trails

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Mountain bike trails

Post by Firebolter »

Twist wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:39 pm
smdub wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:22 pm It's my understanding that you can turn down/off the assist for the exercise and turn it back on for the steeper ascents. That sounds like magic to me.
Bike dependent on how many levels of assist you get. Most have 3 levels of assist. Mine has user selectable 3, 5 or 9 levels. I have mine set on 5 levels and use Level 1 most of the time, but yeah, you crank up the assist level, you get more help. Mine is set up to roughly 20%/35%/50%/75%/98% in power assist modes 1-5. You can go in and adjust those as well. Some of the bikes allow you to tune the pedal assist and other bike attributes via a Bluetooth app.

Lots of option and cost can be everywhere form 3G's to 15+. Most of the "average" ebikes that are good ones start around 5G-7G's and have pretty top end components. Speaking mostly about the Specialized Turbo Levo's and the Trek e-bikes.
Lots of cool bikes---
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

My bike (shimano e8000 system) has 3 modes, eco, trail, and boost. Eco mode basically overcomes the weight of the bike, I use this on flat or downhill. Trail is something like 50-70% assistance which is what I tend to ride in the most. Boost is 100% and unless it is really steep you are just spinning the pedals while the bike does pretty much all the work.

The modes are tunable via Bluetooth but I'm happy with the default settings so haven't messed with it.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Twist wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:39 pm After hitting some trails on Bill's MTB I'm wonder if it's not cheating to go e-MTB if you're an old coot.
It's NOT NICE to make fun of OLD PEOPLE!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I went walking again today and this time I could hear a big 4 stroke in the woods close to where the mtb trails are. I heard a 2t too but only when the 4t was turned off. :killingme: I need to make friends... :cheers:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

BigBird wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:03 pm
Twist wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:39 pm After hitting some trails on Bill's MTB I'm wonder if it's not cheating to go e-MTB if you're an old coot.
It's NOT NICE to make fun of OLD PEOPLE!
Hey, I am old people!
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain