I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain bike trails

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Re: Mountain bike trails

Post by Marylander »

aai wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:00 pm a buddy of mine grew up in Elkridge/Ellicott City on Landing Rd. We used to ride in this area, parking is limited on Landing Rd but there are other places to park. His backyard connected to the trails so we didn't have too much issue.
https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/701013 ... e-patapsco
I rode patapsco back when I lived in college park. It's nice to be able to just ride on dirt. We've got the rock gardens, little mountains, and all that over this way. Joe's a long way from there though.
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

I went to Poor House Farm Park in Martinsburg today. About a 4 mile loop and it seems like it is 90% uphill somehow :lol2: The trails are pretty nice though, couple technical spots but overall not bad.
Screenshot_20191109-172253_Trailforks.jpg

About halfway through a second loop, after peddling all the way back to the top of that f'ing hill, I got a flat. Ugh. I did have a pump with me but forgot the patch kit itself :dry: These tires were due for replacement so I'll convert the wheels to tubeless when I have it apart

-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Nice. Michaux is my go to place for mtb trails. I been road cycling and gravel cycling for years now. Funny how recently I have been looking at a new mtb. It's too cold for me to cycle on the road, mtb in the woods keeps me warm.

Mountain bike forum next

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Between the mountain biking and the fitness watches posted in the black friday thread I must admit to being a bit confused. Seems like you're getting into exercise, which I thought you hated...

Mountain biking seems to always be uphill... You're gonna need a power meter to hook up to your garmin watch to see how many watts you're doing on the uphills. :dry:
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

A little exercise never killed anybody :lol2:

The mountain biking seems like a nice, local alternative to driving hours away to ride dirt bikes and to help combat the holiday gut problem :jack:

I've wanted a fitness/gps watch for a while for dirt biking and I recently sold my Montana which covered most of the cost on that Fenix watch. Now I can use it mountain biking too.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Get a screen protector for the watch. I had some pretty good gouges on my old fr935 and cracked a few screen protectors but the screen still looked like new (that watch developed some other issue so Garmin replaced it outside of warranty for a fee). The fenix would be tempting for the built in maps but I would need a magnifying glass to read them.

I'm on my 6th or 7th Garmin watch. I get way higher heart rates on the dirt bike than I get while running.
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

gots_a_sol wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:45 amA little exercise never killed anybody :lol2:

I've seen a lot of evidence to the contrary.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

juddspaintballs wrote:Here's mine. It's sat in the garage the past year and a half without getting out...

You’re doing better than me, mines been hanging for about 5 years, to the point I hang clothes off it lol. This thread is giving me motivation to take it down though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

:lol2:
Nice day for a ride.
Just got back from a short 12 mile ride on my Trek (road bike).

:whip: knock the dust off those things
Bruce
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Laoch wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:57 pm :lol2:
Nice day for a ride.
Just got back from a short 12 mile ride on my Trek (road bike).

:whip: knock the dust off those things
Knee to bad for a trials event but can huff a bike down the road....Hummmm :screwy:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr