I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Weather!!!

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Weather!!!

Post by Bucho »

2018 was very rainy. It seemed like every ride I went on, I was checking weather. I got rained on, it rained the day before, or I was packing up qnd leaving as it started raining...

Hoping and praying for a little dryer 2019. Though its already pissing me off as I want to ride on Wed. Not sure if that will happen...
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Weather!!!

Post by Twist »

Nothing's more frustrating that having a new bike in the garage and not being able to get out and enjoy it. I put a battery pig tail on my WRR so I've been out riding a bit on the road dodging ice patches just to break it in.

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Trails bike....figure 8s in driveway. At least it's riding.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Laoch wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 am Trails bike....figure 8s in driveway. At least it's riding.
I'm practicing balance on the EM in the garage. Will start basic wheel bouncing soon.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Rut Row wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 am
Laoch wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 am Trails bike....figure 8s in driveway. At least it's riding.
I'm practicing balance on the EM in the garage. Will start basic wheel bouncing soon.
Oh please video and share said wheel hops. :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bucho wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:30 pm 2018 was very rainy. It seemed like every ride I went on, I was checking weather. I got rained on, it rained the day before, or I was packing up qnd leaving as it started raining...

Hoping and praying for a little dryer 2019. Though its already pissing me off as I want to ride on Wed. Not sure if that will happen...
Try being in the dirt moving business....sure was not a good year.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:09 am
Looking for some laughs perhaps :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Rut Row wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 am
Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:09 am
Looking for some laughs perhaps :killingme:
Was going to forward to Toni Bou to show him how to improve his game.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:10 amTry being in the dirt moving business....sure was not a good year.
Oh, yeah, I'll bet that does suck. I can imagine all kinds of problems with that and I bet I don't even come close to the real world problems. It reminds me of a story my dad told of when he was stationed in Germany as a part of the motor pool (he was a tank mechanic). They had a vehicle get stuck in the mud and sent in a retriever after it, which got stuck too. They ended up with 5 or 6 big machines, each bigger than the last, stuck in that mud and had to bring in equipment from another country to clean it up.

I am definitely hating all the rain. Besides riding the dirt bike I also run trails. My wet weather shoes, which have channels and drain holes, are falling apart due to the mess of 2018.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:10 am
Bucho wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:30 pm 2018 was very rainy. It seemed like every ride I went on, I was checking weather. I got rained on, it rained the day before, or I was packing up qnd leaving as it started raining...

Try being in the dirt moving business....sure was not a good year.
Try being responsible for a major earthworks project that dealt all year with poor soil conditions. 100's of thousands spend on soil cement and drying soils not to mention the sediment and erosion controls that were obliterated by historic rainfall. We were luck we only had two stop-work orders all year.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain