I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Helmet Headsets?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Helmet Headsets?

Post by Wingfixer »

Skinny-J wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:57 pm
Wingfixer wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:41 pm Phil, I have kicking around, some where, a couple sets of chatterbox helmet intercoms. The would be just the thing since they use FM transmission and have a range of over a mile. They would be better for woods riding over the Scala type blue tooth that have a much more limited range. The down side of the chatterbox is tho that they are single side band, ie, only one rider can talk at a time and you have to wait a second before the next person talks. I'll see if I can find them, if so they're yours for the taking. I'll bring them to you on the 13th.
I think you gave one of them to me to add to my collection of 1990's technology. I am pretty sure I know where it is, you are welcome to have it back so I have one less excuse to not buy something better at some point...
Ok, I think I still have one, or maybe 2 other more of them. I'll give ther one I gave you to Phil, if I can only find one other.

My Scala Q3s are pretty sweet, just sayin. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I've been using Sena for years for up to 4 riders on an intercom all day long. The new version, the 30K, opens up mesh network intercom and makes it easy (once you get it set up) to get a group of riders all on the intercom channel. I've always considered it as much a safety thing as listening to my friend's lame jokes all day.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Dragging up an old thread...I got a two pack of the Sena 5's. Music, phone, gps bluetooth. I think it connects to two other riders? I mainly got them for the speakers. They work pretty good.
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I bought a used pair. My wife and I tried to use a few times. Was mixed success. Sometimes they just didn't work and I couldn't figure out why? Other times they worked really well.

Might be fun to use them for the KAT trip. Probably help w/ KAT herding.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:10 pm I bought a used pair. My wife and I tried to use a few times. Was mixed success. Sometimes they just didn't work and I couldn't figure out why? Other times they worked really well.

What did you get Phil? I've got a lot of experience with Sena and when folks are having trouble with them, it's usually user error - not blaming you because they can be quirky to set up and remember how to sync up at first. Once you get them sorted, it's pretty automatic and I've been using them for several years problem free. I'm not that familiar with Cardo or others but if you have Sena, give me a shout and I can see if I can help. Or, maybe next time we're out riding, bring them and we'll sort it out.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:05 am
Bucho wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:10 pm I bought a used pair. My wife and I tried to use a few times. Was mixed success. Sometimes they just didn't work and I couldn't figure out why? Other times they worked really well.

What did you get Phil? I've got a lot of experience with Sena and when folks are having trouble with them, it's usually user error - not blaming you because they can be quirky to set up and remember how to sync up at first. Once you get them sorted, it's pretty automatic and I've been using them for several years problem free. I'm not that familiar with Cardo or others but if you have Sena, give me a shout and I can see if I can help. Or, maybe next time we're out riding, bring them and we'll sort it out.

I would totally believe its “user error”. Im not great with tech. Intuitive things are generally intuitive to me.

I will take you up on your offer. Thank you.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Yup- I had to play with it at home for a while and still had issues on the trail. User error for sure on my part.
The sound is great. I carry the user quick reference card with me :deal:
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The one's I bought are Scala rider G4, which are a Cardo type I think.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Bucho wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:04 pm The one's I bought are Scala rider G4, which are a Cardo type I think.
I had one of those several years ago and I always had trouble with the bluetooth connection on it. I'm sure they've got that all sorted out now and we'll try to get yours sync'd up with my Sena (which should work....) next time we catch up.

Wes