Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Re: Helmet Headsets?

Post by Wingfixer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Skinny-J wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:57 pm
Wingfixer wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:41 pm
Phil, I have kicking around, some where, a couple sets of chatterbox helmet intercoms. The would be just the thing since they use FM transmission and have a range of over a mile. They would be better for woods riding over the Scala type blue tooth that have a much more limited range. The down side of the chatterbox is tho that they are single side band, ie, only one rider can talk at a time and you have to wait a second before the next person talks. I'll see if I can find them, if so they're yours for the taking. I'll bring them to you on the 13th.
I think you gave one of them to me to add to my collection of 1990's technology. I am pretty sure I know where it is, you are welcome to have it back so I have one less excuse to not buy something better at some point...
Ok, I think I still have one, or maybe 2 other more of them. I'll give ther one I gave you to Phil, if I can only find one other.

My Scala Q3s are pretty sweet, just sayin. :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Twist
DAMN n00b

Re: Helmet Headsets?

Post by Twist » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:26 am

I've been using Sena for years for up to 4 riders on an intercom all day long. The new version, the 30K, opens up mesh network intercom and makes it easy (once you get it set up) to get a group of riders all on the intercom channel. I've always considered it as much a safety thing as listening to my friend's lame jokes all day.
2018 WR250R (for the single tracks)
2016 R1200GS (for the epic adventures)
2016 1290 R (for the inner hooligan)