ATV for Plowing Snow?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
User avatar
Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 2724
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by Laoch » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:37 pm

Jed...try a back blade 5 or 6 ft wide on your 3 pt. Gives you weight and they can push or drag at any angles. Some even tilt. Only downfall is no floating on 3 pt.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
'17 183RRS/'16 Freeride/'13 CB500X/some trials bikes

User avatar
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 am
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by juddspaintballs » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:32 pm

I used to have a 7' rear blade that I wound up selling. I didn't like it for snow work. I was either driving backwards and pushing or driving over the snow and pulling. Plus, I'd have to take off the 6' brush hog I normally leave on there and that's a royal PITA.
Jed Gregory
KTM 450 EXC

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 4754
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by Bucho » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:17 pm

gots_a_sol wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:53 am
I have an old snow blower you can have free. Obviously needs some help but it will start (carb will need cleaned or replaced).

32" wide with plug in e start.

Image
Dang Joe, that sounds like a pretty good deal!
Dont think I can pass that up
Suzuki DR650
Beta Xtrainer

User avatar
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer
Posts: 3528
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:20 pm
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by Wingfixer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:39 pm

Laoch wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:37 pm
Jed...try a back blade 5 or 6 ft wide on your 3 pt. Gives you weight and they can push or drag at any angles. Some even tilt. Only downfall is no floating on 3 pt.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
My dad uses my kubota for most snows. When it gets really deep he uses his Ford with the 6 ft. blade. I welded mounts for snow plow pucks so he can just let it float on the asphalt. He has the same complaints as Jed, hates driving backwards and driving over the snow first sucks. I also have a box scraper on my kubota that's good for shoving the last bits of snow off the sides of the drive way.

Mostly I just make sure I'm out of town for the big snows! :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

User avatar
Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 2724
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by Laoch » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:44 pm

juddspaintballs wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:32 pm
I used to have a 7' rear blade that I wound up selling. I didn't like it for snow work. I was either driving backwards and pushing or driving over the snow and pulling. Plus, I'd have to take off the 6' brush hog I normally leave on there and that's a royal PITA.
:thumbup:
Bruce
'17 183RRS/'16 Freeride/'13 CB500X/some trials bikes

User avatar
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator
Posts: 9171
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:39 am
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by Rut Row » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:31 pm

Wingfixer wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:39 pm
Mostly I just make sure I'm out of town for the big snows! :deal:
:thumbup: :killingme:
Ken
2016 EM Sport Electric Trials :drool:
1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler (project)
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

User avatar
gots_a_sol
DAMN Poohba
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:08 am
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by gots_a_sol » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:51 pm

Phil picked up the freebie snow blower today :thumbup: Used my dad's DR snowblower/brush hog (rip :sadface: ) to drag it to the driveway then just man handled it into his van.


Man that van of his. Sooooo useful for everything. Want to buy one. I Have nissan NV's at work and I want to take them riding every weekend hahaha. Super drunk. Sorry in advance.
-Joe

'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177

User avatar
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 1326
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 am
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by juddspaintballs » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:39 pm

I don't think you're drunk enough.



Tell us more.






:peep:
Jed Gregory
KTM 450 EXC

User avatar
Laoch
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 2724
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by Laoch » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:36 am

So....you like Phil's van. Did you try out the back seat?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
'17 183RRS/'16 Freeride/'13 CB500X/some trials bikes

User avatar
Bucho
DAMN Grand Poohba
Posts: 4754
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:57 am
Contact:

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by Bucho » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:38 pm

gots_a_sol wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:51 pm
Phil picked up the freebie snow blower today :thumbup: Used my dad's DR snowblower/brush hog (rip :sadface: ) to drag it to the driveway then just man handled it into his van.


Man that van of his. Sooooo useful for everything. Want to buy one. I Have nissan NV's at work and I want to take them riding every weekend hahaha. Super drunk. Sorry in advance.
Vans are the best. You obviously want one.
Suzuki DR650
Beta Xtrainer

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests