I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

ATV for Plowing Snow?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: ATV for Plowing Snow?

Post by Laoch »

Jed...try a back blade 5 or 6 ft wide on your 3 pt. Gives you weight and they can push or drag at any angles. Some even tilt. Only downfall is no floating on 3 pt.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I used to have a 7' rear blade that I wound up selling. I didn't like it for snow work. I was either driving backwards and pushing or driving over the snow and pulling. Plus, I'd have to take off the 6' brush hog I normally leave on there and that's a royal PITA.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

gots_a_sol wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:53 am I have an old snow blower you can have free. Obviously needs some help but it will start (carb will need cleaned or replaced).

32" wide with plug in e start.

Dang Joe, that sounds like a pretty good deal!
Dont think I can pass that up
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:37 pm Jed...try a back blade 5 or 6 ft wide on your 3 pt. Gives you weight and they can push or drag at any angles. Some even tilt. Only downfall is no floating on 3 pt.

My dad uses my kubota for most snows. When it gets really deep he uses his Ford with the 6 ft. blade. I welded mounts for snow plow pucks so he can just let it float on the asphalt. He has the same complaints as Jed, hates driving backwards and driving over the snow first sucks. I also have a box scraper on my kubota that's good for shoving the last bits of snow off the sides of the drive way.

Mostly I just make sure I'm out of town for the big snows! :deal:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

juddspaintballs wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:32 pm I used to have a 7' rear blade that I wound up selling. I didn't like it for snow work. I was either driving backwards and pushing or driving over the snow and pulling. Plus, I'd have to take off the 6' brush hog I normally leave on there and that's a royal PITA.
:thumbup:
Bruce
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:39 pm Mostly I just make sure I'm out of town for the big snows! :deal:
:thumbup: :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
gots_a_sol
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by gots_a_sol »

Phil picked up the freebie snow blower today :thumbup: Used my dad's DR snowblower/brush hog (rip :sadface: ) to drag it to the driveway then just man handled it into his van.

Man that van of his. Sooooo useful for everything. Want to buy one. I Have nissan NV's at work and I want to take them riding every weekend hahaha. Super drunk. Sorry in advance.
-Joe.

GMER/WATR member
'17 Beta 250RR/RE
'09 Husky WR177
'17 Oset 20.0
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I don't think you're drunk enough.

Tell us more.

:peep:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

So....you like Phil's van. Did you try out the back seat?

Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

gots_a_sol wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:51 pm Phil picked up the freebie snow blower today :thumbup: Used my dad's DR snowblower/brush hog (rip :sadface: ) to drag it to the driveway then just man handled it into his van.

Man that van of his. Sooooo useful for everything. Want to buy one. I Have nissan NV's at work and I want to take them riding every weekend hahaha. Super drunk. Sorry in advance.
Vans are the best. You obviously want one.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200