I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Electric HD coming in 2019

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Electric HD coming in 2019

Post by Firebolter »

I kinda like the looks of it, but I am still a long way off from wanting an electric motorcycle, or car for that matter.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/m ... 1_livewire

Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Electric HD coming in 2019

Post by Rut Row »

it doesn't appeal to me at all
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Meh. Why? Is the electric moto market that big or growing? Didn't HD have a sales drop?

And without loud pipes it won't appeal to the look at me HD masses.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

From articles I have read, the push to attract younger riders is the main reason why manufacturers are going electric. THis is not for the usual MC crowd, this is for the younger, more eco friendly minded people who may venture to try a bike that otherwise wouldn't.

The tank/fairing/seat set up looks pretty nice. I don't think you will ever make a electric motor/battery combo that will look like it belongs on 2 wheels.
Lots of cool bikes---
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

Lets not forget all the EPA credits...not so much for MC's but for the 4 wheel mfg'er.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Electric is coming.
My brother in-law has a Tesla Model3 & that thing is badass. It's all wheel drive & will put you back in the seat like the opposite of hitting the brakes suddenly. Handles like it's on rails! It's not for me, you kind of need to be a computer geek type to figure it out. It is very cool, maybe would be good for my wife's commute to Northern Virginia. Could run the carpool lanes & much cheaper than gas to operate. (after the initial cost) They have like a 300 mile range & more & more charging stations.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Electric done well is pretty cool. The performance can be pretty impressive.

I dont have much interest for a street bike. I still like the idea of a quiet/stealth electric dirt/trials bike
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:16 pm I dont have much interest for a street bike. I still like the idea of a quiet/stealth electric dirt/trials bike
same here :lurker:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris