I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Advice Needed - kids ATV

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Advice Needed - kids ATV

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:17 am If they can ride a bicycle then get a Honda XR 70. Stop the quad madness.
Auto clutch so does not get much easier.
Quad teaches nothing but push the gas and go fast with no fear then comes a bank and things go wrong fast.
Sorry, I have pulled more than one quad out of the pond and lifted them off kids pinned under them. If you want a quad then get something big enough to do utility work around your property, snow plow for your drive...pull a wagon to give rides around your land...pull sleds. Once a kid learns some respect by falling over a few times on 2 wheels then they might have some respect for actions and can be trusted to use a adult sized quad.
Ava would probably be fine. Zac ... well :shrug: :angel:

Sounds like I need to borrow someone's small bike and let them try before deciding.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I've got a honda fiddy you can borrow.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:45 pm I've got a honda fiddy you can borrow.
done. will let you know what weekend next spring I'll need it.

I'm going to borrow a bike, an ATV; and then get Bucho to bring Caleb over with his Oset. Let them try each and have Caleb show them how it's done.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

:thumbup:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Wingfixer wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:45 pm I've got a honda fiddy you can borrow.

I volunteer to hold onto this till the appropriate time
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

https://www.fairwarning.org/2010/10/off ... udy-shows/

I cant remember if this was linked on the DAMN site before. Interesting reading.

Ken talking about a possible kiddie atv and I have a friend at work who wants to buy a quad has had me looking at quad stuff.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Bucho wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:25 am https://www.fairwarning.org/2010/10/off ... udy-shows/

I cant remember if this was linked on the DAMN site before. Interesting reading.

Ken talking about a possible kiddie atv and I have a friend at work who wants to buy a quad has had me looking at quad stuff.
Most ATVs I've seen on trails are so slow I can't possibly see them injuring themselves. Except maybe a whisky throttle case :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Nobody
DAMN Poohba

Post by Nobody »

Nobody wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:40 am
Bucho wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:25 am https://www.fairwarning.org/2010/10/off ... udy-shows/

Most ATVs I've seen on trails are so slow I can't possibly see them injuring themselves. Except maybe a whisky throttle case :lol2:
Or falling off and ending up under the thing :lol2:
Every day is a good day when you ride
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

I bet most of us on here know at least one person who has been hurt or worse on a four wheeler. I believe that they are the most dangerous toys you could get. Motorcycles aren’t perfect but at least if you wreck they don’t chase you down and pound you into the dirt most of the time. Just saying!!
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Taylor wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:47 am I bet most of us on here know at least one person who has been hurt or worse on a four wheeler. I believe that they are the most dangerous toys you could get. Motorcycles aren’t perfect but at least if you wreck they don’t chase you down and pound you into the dirt most of the time. Just saying!!
and ... ATVs/4-wheelers do more damage to trails than bikes. It makes getting trails a hard sell.
Ken