I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

slow ride club

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: slow ride club

Post by Rut Row »

I'm thinking about a slow ride party at my place in August. I need to make some more advanced obstacles first.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Rut Row wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:46 am I'm thinking about a slow ride party at my place in August. I need to make some more advanced obstacles first.
Can I watch you test out the advanced sections?
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:06 pm
Rut Row wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:46 am I'm thinking about a slow ride party at my place in August. I need to make some more advanced obstacles first.
Me too! :duel: :killingme:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:06 pm
:killingme: :jack:

:nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm making them for guys like you - maybe I should say everyone but me! :lol2:

But just being there is motivation to get good enough to ride them. :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

Is there any mechanical alternative to walking along with a chainsaw when trying to establish a single track? I'm dealing with this wierd broad leaf stuff that covers the woods at about 2 feet thick. Its easy to ride trhough but it hides all the fallen logs that lurk beneath. this is keeping me from establishing a goat trail by freeriding the bike.

The fallen trees are too big to drive over with my little tracker. :dirtdog:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

davej wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:31 pm Is there any mechanical alternative to walking along with a chainsaw when trying to establish a single track? I'm dealing with this wierd broad leaf stuff that covers the woods at about 2 feet thick. Its easy to ride trhough but it hides all the fallen logs that lurk beneath. this is keeping me from establishing a goat trail by freeriding the bike.

The fallen trees are too big to drive over with my little tracker. :dirtdog:
brush hog?

I guess all your barnyard animals can't eat it?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Rut Row wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:46 am I'm thinking about a slow ride party at my place in August.
I'm in given enough notice! Will bring kiddo on his Oset.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

bushog and backhoe have been pretty good to re-establish the jeep roads back there but I made some pretty good ruts today. I think the area is still woods because it is swampy soil.

It is weird because it looks like you can find a path between all the trees and see pretty far ahead but the vegetation is up to your handlebars in some places. It gives no resistance to riding through but you are totally blind to all the fallen trees on the floor.

I was thinking of this machine but I have read that they have no power and there are only 2wd:
https://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/snw ... 23694.html
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

One of these on a bull handle brush cutter, some face protection and just walk.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

I borrowed this off a buddy and it worked quite well. At times it was like freestyle riding through the woods in slow motion. Best part was the airconditioning blowing full blast
groundshark.jpg

I'm around for the next five days if anyone wants to slowride, look what awaits you at the end of the rainbow :lol2:

rubblerainbow.jpg