I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

slow ride club

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
davej
DAMN Expert

slow ride club

Post by davej »

So far, i'm the only member.

I guess I should get another trials bike and try the discipline for real but for now I find myself plonking around the house on my dirtbike going as slow as possible. I still get my heart rate up and I'm overheating my 300 if I putt around too long. I bought a pair of electric pit bikes and they have turned out to be ideal for this activity.

If anyone is bored and wants to see if they are slower than me, let me know. Bring your bike or use one of mine. I'd especially like to have some advice from some trials riders as to which obstacles I have at my disposal are worth preserving or developing. I have a plethora of large boulders to configure and some are already tastefully stacked about 4 feet high.

Alternatively, post pics of your own backyard skills training obstacles to spread some ideas.

http://www.DAMNriders.org/download/file ... iew&id=869

http://www.DAMNriders.org/download/file ... iew&id=870
Attachments
zero.jpg
pondfill.jpg
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: slow ride club

Post by Laoch »

In. I've been doing the same for years. I'm getting my old, old trials bike back soon. For now I just creep around the yard on my ktm and try not to fall over.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I have a couple large tires sitting around that I never did anything with. I should figure that out...
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Cool Dave! I like stealing my kid’s OSET for some slow balance practice
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

oh I definitely want to come play. I'll bring my electric bike too. Might be late Nov before I can get free though.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

yeah this might turn out to be fun...

These showed up and can be incorporated somewhere
logs.jpg
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

davej wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:26 pm yeah this might turn out to be fun...

These showed up and can be incorporated somewherelogs.jpg
Now this is a good start...
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

Boom Boom wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:38 pm
davej wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:26 pm yeah this might turn out to be fun...

These showed up and can be incorporated somewherelogs.jpg
Now this is a good start...
tree crotch.jpg
I have a couple of these forked tree keyhole scenarios, this one is too narrow for a 2 stroke to slow-roll through. (see expansion chamber hangs up on the crotch) I think a trials bike or an aggressive regular bike would clear the fork pretty well. I might also build a small kicker or ramp for these, the other one is about 8 inches higher than this one
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Bars seem to fit through fine!

Good stuff.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

davej wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:28 pm I have a couple of these forked tree keyhole scenarios, this one is too narrow for a 2 stroke to slow-roll through. (see expansion chamber hangs up on the crotch) I think a trials bike or an aggressive regular bike would clear the fork pretty well. I might also build a small kicker or ramp for these, the other one is about 8 inches higher than this one
Without being there in person I'm betting you can get through like you would on a big log: lift the front wheel so that the tire hits close to the top and stay on the gas to pop over.