I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

slow ride club

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
chuck marler
DAMN n00b

Re: slow ride club

Post by chuck marler »

I've always wanted to modify a walk behind with self-propelled wheels and outfit it with multiple swinging chains out front, with levers to control variable angles and Heights. I just don't have the metal working tools to do it.
Dave I'll come slow ride with you on your Rubble piles . I broke my little wood stand I built in the backyard to practice on and if you've got a machine shop we can make the Beastmaster Trail Tamer 1000.
but I got to tell you guys this story since y'all were talking about new trials Riders.
I was at my first trials last week, walking a section and tripped over a ribbon breaking it. Two other guys bend over and tied it together just as one of the checkers noticed. Joking, he made a comment about course markings, and I joked back " yeah those two guys are modifying the course I saw them do it"
Naturally they defend themselves, rat me out and a good time was had by all, when one of the guys leaned over and said " you better be careful, I have a pump in my fanny pack, I'll add air to your tires."
I nearly fell out.
We laughed the whole rest of the day every time we saw each other, and I'm still giggling over it
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

I have a cool little section of driveway about 500 feet long. Trees line both sides. On one side of trees is a singletrack bordered by a single row of rocks ranging from 6 to 24 inches high. The game is to find routes over the rocks by snaking through the tree openings. There are hundreds of permutations, from mild to wild.

I ride it as often as possible and am looking for another trials bike now. Anyone is welcome to join me, even this weekend. I'll post some helmet cam of some of what i consider fun :whip:
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Good stuff Dave!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Sounds like your jetting is off a little....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

Wifey gave me one of these a while back and it is great for face slappers etc.
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/hedge ... ers/hsa50/

It has got some good use up at granville's. I had it last time i was at bucho's and i just held it out the window on his side by side as he drove the 2 track route. Worked well on those dang greenbrier vines that arc into trail as they grow wildly.

Anytime i'm doing manual labor I'm scheming on how to make it easier or automated. Whatever ideas I come up with have usually been thought of already

or

https://www.cutthat.com/sabre-samurai/
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

My neighbors have skid steers i can borrow so I started shopping around. The sickle bar mowers get mixed reviews so I ended up getting a cheep flail mower just to see what it might do.
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

This looks sort of promising....

I like the idea that potentially you could mount it to a loader to get up high. I have a long driveway and the neighbors have miles of fencerows that are getting crowded in.
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

Next thing I know is that I'm driving afield to pick up this contraption
20230805_073949.jpg
20230805_073949.jpg (8.08 MiB) Viewed 10061 times
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

davej wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:35 am

This looks sort of promising....

I like the idea that potentially you could mount it to a loader to get up high. I have a long driveway and the neighbors have miles of fencerows that are getting crowded in.
That IS interesting.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200