I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DR650 on Regular Car Reviews

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Re: DR650 on Regular Car Reviews

Post by phoo »

Rut Row wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:39 pm I saw parts falling off of it at about the 45 sec mark. Thought it was a KLR for a moment!
lol, yeah. I checked the comments for that very thing. People think it was just dirt coming off the underside of the fender.

Junior wrote: That video was painful to watch! :barf:
The problem is he knows what he's talking about and that's a very honest review. :) Sure, it wasn't the most flattering review on the surface, but if you watch enough of his videos you know that he's saying it's a good bike if you want a bike that does everything adequately but nothing great, which pretty much does define the genre. I actually came away from that video with renewed interest in the bike, but I don't mind buying (yet another) plastic tank for a bike that came with a metal and/or too-small tank and I already have dedicated road and dirt bikes so a midsize bike that can actually do short stints on the highway unlike my DRZ and still pop off onto side trails and through construction zones is appealing to me.

But hey, that's why I have so freaking many bikes. Big garage and funds are a nice thing to have. :)

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200