I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

I've had better days - rear ended

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Marylander
DAMN Admin

I've had better days - rear ended

Post by Marylander »

I was rear ended on my cbr on the way to work this morning. There was someone at the crosswalk so I stopped but the car behind me didn't. He hit my back tire, which pulled the tire under the car and held the bike up (the bike was standing upright). I got knocked up into the air and hit the car's hood with my butt and the windshield with my shoulders/back and head. Only thing not armored was my butt and it is pretty sore. My wife made me go to the hospital where they admired my butt and took an xray of my neck. I seem to be ok although I'm pretty sore and likely to be more sore tomorrow.

I was hoping to put 100k miles on this bike (closing in on 70k). After it got dragged all over the road on its right side it may not be worth doing. I think more damage was done to the bike getting it detached from the car and on the tow truck than in the accident.
Attachments
20180816_074201_HDR.jpg
20180816_074156_HDR.jpg
20180816_073703_HDR.jpg
20180816_070156.jpg
20180816_073703_HDR.jpg
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: I've had better days - rear ended

Post by Rut Row »

glad your okay! stay off those crotch rockets, they are dangerous! :shrug:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Glad its not serious. You will be sore tommorrow. Them murdercycles are dangerous

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bruce
stretchride
DAMN Expert

Post by stretchride »

DAMN, quite a shot, get better soon, ibuprofen is your friend!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited by stretchride on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

DAMN, feel better soon! :knary:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Glad you are okay.

Can you imagine not wearing a helmet?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I was able to do my planned run today so I'm doing alright so far. I'm taking 4 ibuprofen and 2 acetaminophen every few hours so here's hoping it offsets the soreness a bit (the combo has been studied as a replacement for opiods for post dental surgical procedures).

This hasn't been my month. I was bit by the sheriff's dog (meaning an official K9) next door last week while mowing the lawn. At least I didn't have to get a tetanus shot after getting hit by the car since I already got one after getting bit by the dog.

This is the 2nd helmet I've had trashed by getting hit by a car (first was in 96 or 97 when I was tboned on rockville pike).
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Glad you're OK, Kirk.

That bike is toast. Don't even bother trying to fix it. It will never be right again and you'll have lost a lot of your time. I hear the new ones are better, anyways :thumbup:
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

that car is probably totalled too. The exterior doesn't look too bad but the sh*t stains will be tough to get out of the driver's seat! :killingme:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I wonder how the beta dual sports would do as road bikes compared to the wr250x... I bought the CBR since it was deeply discounted (2008 model bought as a leftover at the end of 2009 with a $2500 incentive from honda plus another $2500-3000 off by the dealer, can't remember the exact amount). I can't see getting another sportbike although 155 rear wheel hp has its own appeal. The wr250x has been a good test case for a supermoto. I like it a lot but it would be cool to double the hp. The wr can barely get out of its own way. Or maybe do a truck camper. Wise thing would be to pay some bills but where's the fun in that?